What have you accomplished today?

• Read The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
  • Bought groceries
  • Organized a section of my work table
  • Eaten leftovers
  • Gone swimming

It’s my day off. I was busier yesterday.

• Made a doctor’s appointment for next month and got my prescription refilled.
  • Exchanged a defective DVD I bought last week.
  • Stimulated the local economy by buying some books and comics and DVDs.
  • Bought some groceries.

When I woke up this morning (well, it was noon, but whatever), the command interpreter of the computer game I’m making was a 1274 line awful mess involving triply nested switch statements.
Now, ~16 hours later, it’s a neat and nicely modular system that can easily transition from one state to another, which does not require me to fiddle about much in order to save the information it needs, and which can be simply extended as needed.

So, I’m satisfied.

(And tired.)

Did the laundry
Bought groceries
Caught four mackerel on my freind’s boat (no keepers - too small)
Ate a turkey pot pie instead of planned fish sandwich

** I made arrangements to send my poop-smearing Papillon I asked about on the board a couple weeks ago back to her breeder . I love her and hate to do it , but I cannot live with that habit any longer .

** I cleaned the kitchen (still need to mop the floor tho)

** I found a litter of Gordon Setter puppies in the club newsletter that seem to be just what I have been looking for , and called the breeder , made arrangements to buy a little Gordon boy ! :smiley:

** I managed to write a little bit , and will try to write a little more before bed (If I can get puppy breath off my mind…)

I…
made it through my sixth physical therapy session and the second of three dental appointments.
… replied to three work-related emails.
…bought my mom a new phone.
…took four bags of recyclables to the rec. center and got $3.25 for them.
…mailed a birthday present to a friend.

In no particular order…

Repotted several plants.
Shopped for bird netting to put over the grape vines on the terrace.
Watered and transplanted seedlings, and got more seeds to plant.
Took a “nap” with the wife.
Went shopping for food and supplies.
Put cargo tie-downs on my truck bed.
Took a nap.
Cooked supper on the Weber - Salmon, grilled asparagus, zucchini, red peppers.
Talked on the phone with my son, daughter-in-law, and my new grandson (well, acutally he just sort of chirps and cries so far)
Made car rental reservations for our visit to see my son and his family next month.
Made reservations for carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand.
Helped my neighbor put together her new paint sprayer.
Went through my old magazines; recycled a bunch of them.
Got on the SDMB.

Made it to work only five minutes late. Nice.
Designed a staircase.
Showed staircase to bosses.
Redesigned staircase.
Got lunch. “orange chicken.” note quatation marks.
Finished drawing the redesigned staircase.
Aquired 6 tasks that will each take at least a day, all expected before wednesday.
Became disallusioned, left at 5:30.
Bought a six pack.
Attempted to watch baseball game.
Became disallusioned, finished six pack.
Got a gmail account.
Imported old contacts into gmail account.

You should’ve asked yesterday.

Got up.
Closed a big deal at work (75K)
Started looking online for upgraded vacation options!
Had four stiches removed from my leg.
Ran a mile and a half.
Walked a mile and a half.
Grilled wild salmon.
Drank two martinis.

Woke up then went back to sleep.
Ate half a peanut butter bagel and iced tea.
Made the bed.
Stopped the maintenance man from coming into my apartment. The office manager needs to write more clearly, and I need to always wear my robe.
Chased the cats.
Finished one book and started a new one.
Scooted around the boards
Called for a prescription refill.
Read a book.
Checked if my refill was called in as promised. It wasn’t. They lie like rugs.
Shower.
More scooting about the boards.
Pressing ‘Post Quick Reply’ now.

Absolutely nothing, unless eating a bag of pretzels and drinking a beer count for something.

• Turned in my final exam essay in Hindu Tratitions, which was written almost entirely on a five year old Compaq PDA and my dad’s old laptop because (see below)
  • My hard drive crashed Friday night, so I had to call Dell today to arrange an on-site replacement.
  • Went to Wal-Mart in search of a blender. Didn’t find one I liked.
  • Went to Target in search of a blender. Laughed at the slushie machine designed to look like a pair of pants with the spout coming out of the crotch. Didn’t find a good blender though.
  • Went to Linens N’ Things in search of a blender. Was not impressed.
  • Went to Lowe’s and purchased a 5-speed KitchenAid blender.
  • Refilled the bird feeder.
  • Downloaded some software programs I’ll need once my new hard drive is installed.

Today (Monday) I:[ul][li]Finished the docs for today’s software delivery[/li][li]Learned who in the office is authorized to bind the company in legal agreements[/li][li]Worked on the docs for Thursday’s software delivery[/li][li]Sent out a couple of Toastmasters e-mails[/li][li]Ordered a new toy[/li][li]Learned how to find out what percentage of one number a second number is (don’t laugh, I didn’t know!)[/li][li]Thought about working on the newsletter that’s due on Friday[/li][li]Putzed about the SDMB instead[/li][li]Told my officemate about the change of venue of the farewell lunch we’re going to tomorrow[/li][li]Went to my t’ai chi class (and I only fidgeted twice during meditation)[/li][li]Watched the episode of The 4400 that I taped last night[/li][li]Made a batch of macaroni tuna salad[/li][li]Removed the polish from, cut, and then re-polished my toenails[/li][li]Refrained from pulling off the loose toenail that’s going to fall off all by itself pretty soon[/li][li]Finshed ripping some CDs[/li][li]Putzed around the SDMB some more[/ul][/li]It doesn’t look like much, but I’m tired! :slight_smile:

This is why I got a chain for the door of my last apartment. After maintenance came into my apartment twice while I was in the shower, management even agreed to install it for me at no charge. :smiley:

Did a lot of housework and laundry (Monday is cleaning day)
Took the kids swimming
Cleaned out the baking implements drawer, which was gunky
Ate lunch
Sewed a quilt block
Took the kids to DangerGirl’s kung fu class
Took the van, which is overheating, into the shop and was shuttled home
Fixed some dinner
Kids to bed
Watched “The Tick”

I will be impressed if you tell me what you did to the dead foot skin? :confused:

I can’t post about today, since its barely started, but yesterday, I:

• Took my prescriptions to the chemist
  • Wrote five pages of my thesis
  • Got some job leads
  • Made white chocolate brownies

So far:
*2 loads of laundry
*Swept and vacuumed the floors
*Dusted the furniture
*Made out my grocery list
*Let the dogs out to potty
*Planned supper for tonight
*Cleaned the litterbox
*Made a 2nd pot of coffee

…and it’s not even 5am yet. All is well with the world!

Done a 1-hour workout.
Made an appointment with my former landlord to do the checking and key-handing-over of my old apartment.
Talked to the cleaning firm about when they’ll be done cleaning my old apartment.
Had breakfast.
Washed up after breakfast.
Considered having a small lunch before leaving to do some shopping and other necessary tasks.