What if Hillary took one for the team?

Seems to me the most justifiable candidate would be Kaine. The Party voted for him as the person most qualified to fill in if Hillary should be unavailable. Maybe Bernie should have been nominated for President, but he was not. Maybe Kaine should have won the nomination, but he didn’t either. However, Kaine did win the nomination for VP, making him the likeliest replacement for Hillary.

This could be the break the O’Malley campaign has been waiting for.

Nixon/Manson in '16!

That’s not what the article you linked to actually says. What is says is that ONE random democrat (who had some relevancy maybe twenty years ago) thinks that they should create a plan B.

I think that if during the first debate, Hillary starts talking about how horrible Trump would be for the country, Trump should say "well, I think you would be horrible for the country. So horrible that I will drop out of the race to save the country from you, would you drop out of the race to save the country from me?

As much as I think America needs someone like me right now, I think Mike Pence gets us most of the way there and its worth almost any sacrifice to keep you out of office. Do you feel the same way about me and your running mate?

Ghod, I would love it if he said something as stupid and confusing as this.