What is it about cute Hispanic and Indian women?

Being approached by an admiring male has never made me feel objectified by an Anglo, Hispanic or any other variety of male. Not all of the approaches were equal in welcome, but I was rarely surprised…considering some men are helpless in the presence of jet black curls, big brown eyes and dusky, peachy complexions; not all men, but some. I’ve encountered several in the college computer lab where I work, and when I give them a smile for successfully saving a file…add a 3.4 GPA and my date with the RN NCLEX computer. I consider my ambition and skills part of my personal charm, and combined with my genetic gifts, I can’t see why any man would see me as a mere object.
I was thinking of Turpentine. His thoughts are unworthy.
Gambit—you I smile at.

Cyn-
I’m a girl and I’m Vietnamese.

It pisses me off that everybody keeps saying that Asian woman are SO cute.

Yes, I’m Asian. But that seems to be the only thing that anybody sees when they hit on me.

And there are a billion Asian women, and it doesn’t really make me feel special that that is what defines me or makes me cute.

Why did you assume I was male?

Jerk.

You don’t think you’re special?
It was sexist of me to assume you were a male.
I guess girls can be jerks, too.
Our outer manifestation is the only thing people CAN see when they initially view anyone.
I don’t assume they objectify me because of my look. I choose to take admiration as a gift I can pick up and cherish, or not. My genes cause me to appear as I do, but I created and refined the special woman that is me and I feel that is what attracts people. That and my lovely smile.

I dunno about you all, but it’s the hispanic, spanish, and russian girls that do it for me. The indian ones (dot and feather) and great, too.

–Tim

I’ve been smiled at by Cyn…what do I do? :smiley:

Also, this might seem like an odd observation, but just how many college computer lab techs inhabit the SDMB? (Actually, THAT might make a good thread.)

But then she always tended to freckle and peel every summer.

I’m not sure whether or not that’s true, but it seems somewhat true for me. I have been in relationships with guys of differing appearances, but my s.o. imthjckaz is a gorgeous guy of Hispanic origins and he makes me swoon. I am fair complected and blond (artificial blond now but true blond as a child).

Turpentine said:

And it doesn’t have anything to do with you being cute? :confused:

Unless they come up to you and say “Hey, you’re cute, but you’d be a total dog if you weren’t Vietnamese.” That would be different.

I’m not making any sense anymore. i see that. Ok, ok.

I know, I know. Can we just shut the hell up and all recognize that I’m preposterous but we are quite and unspeaking?

Yes, yes, making sense is overated. Or overreacting. Now turn this flap made of me!
We clean the dreadful anihilation spirits of dust! A happy gift from the earth! All your base are belong to us and I feel for you, can you comprehend?

Si.