What is "MMP?"

I have seen numerous post titles with “MMP” in them and I cannot figure out what it means.

• Multi-man Publishing
  • Mass Media Production
  • Multimedia Player
  • Meet Me Page
  • Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid
  • Marian Movement of Priests

So, so many I can’t list. None make sense.

Doubtless this is something everyone knows except me.

Monday Morning Post

Thanks.

What does that mean? What special thing does that label bestow on a thread to make it different (beyond making it on a Monday morning which does not seem particularly special)?

An MPSIMS tradition started by, I believe, Rue_DeDay. Earliest I found was My House Needs Handrails (A more MMP style thread) from April 2003. Generally light-hearted threads on whatever (sort of like mini-rant threads without the rants).

The MMP FAQ

As a general matter, we now ask the mods on Monday to edit the title of last week’s MMP to include “[Old]” to help forestall our regulars continuing to inadvertently post in last week’s thread while replying to comments there.

Mostly the content is simply random BS about what we’re about to do, are doing, or did do today. Lots of news about what’s for dinner, who went shopping, or whether the dog or cat or child (or man-child) barfed all over the living room.

Right now the hard core daily regulars are about a dozen folks and there’s another couple dozen who drop in from every few days or so to update us on their exploits or complaints.

It’s like a mini sub-community. Picture a coupla neighbors chatting over the fence with their coffee.
They’re part of a small neighborhood (da 'Dope) but they know each other better, chat about their lives or yak about mundane bullshit - laundry is a surprisingly common topic, as in, “I washed towels today, go me!” - although updates about family illnesses or worse are sprinkled in, too.

Be prepared for an assortment of in-jokes and callbacks referencing something someone said that one time, plus silly nicknames.

But, just like those neighbors chatting over the fence, anyone who wanders by with their own metaphorical cup of coffee is welcome to join in a pleasant chat about everything and, mostly, nothing.

Whack-a-Mole, come on over and find out. Tell 'em Pearl sent ya.

(One of us, One of us, One of us, One of us, …)

I might give it a try again. I think I posted a couple times a few years back, but didn’t stick around long enough to make friends!

We mostly don’t bite. :smiling_imp:

It’s the spiritual successor to the original “Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share” thread on the original version of the SDMB. Which then evolved into a whole forum of threads.

Someday in the future, we’ll have an entire MMP forum on the MPSIMS message board, with a recurring thread in it called Pointless Chat Here. And folks will talk about the current PCH thread.