What is Natalie Portman's real last name?

I’d read somewhere the reason she kept her name shrouded in secrecy was not so much about her privacy, but rather that of her father who is apparently a famous heart surgeon.

However, I did read it in one of these celebrity magazines which are, of course, noted for their diligent research and accuracy, so it could just be utter nonsense, and I’m not going to trouble Google over it…

I guess that would be Avner Hershlag MD.

Hijack: Alyson Hannigan is apparently pretty cool. She was at a few conventions, and was a celebrity participant in a Vampire RPG. Phew!

Huh. Natalie Portman is from Syosset. That’s where my gramma lives.

Ugh.

Color me whooshed. :confused:

Heh. Dewey was just trying to be subtle. The first letter of each word in that phrase spells out “Hershlag”.

Who cares what her last name is? “HOT” is her middle name.

Her fame is something I don’t understand… I think she is just the plainest looking girl. I mean, nothing about her is really striking. She looks like a Hershlag to me.

Alison Hannigan too. I think she is really plain. No lips. And I just know her hair isn’t really red.

Guess it’s a good thing I’m not a dude.

That’s why I like them: they are plain. I like “plain”, average looking girls.

And, no: her hair is not naturally red.

my god! check out the handle bars on george lucas!

No, she went to school in Syosset. She’s from Jerusalem.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Several people have compared her to Audrey Hepburn-in looks, I think she could pull it off, (at least better than Jennifer Love Screwitt!)

And she is a good actress.

But I’ve heard she’s not the nicest person around.

Oh well.

Forget Natalie Portman/Hershlag! Check out Jillian Herman, two photos over, and Amanda Hecht, on the rank above.

Rrowrr!

Word, bwk. She’s one of those actresses that nobody really cares about except the critics/media. She isn’t incredibly gorgeous or interesting, and if I didn’t know her father was a doctor, I’d say he owned a few teen magazines or produced Entertainment Tonight.
As for Audrey Hepburn, I believe Orson Welles dismissed her as “The patron saint of anorexics”…

Dem’s fightin’ words!

Audrey Hepburn was NOT anorexic, all right? Perhaps you should do a little research before you throw things like that around!

(Yes, Welles said it, but dammit, I’m sick and tired of everyone assuming naturally thin people are anorexic. In Audrey’s case, I believe it had more to do with her genetics-she came from a family of thin people-and certain factors in her life: malnutrition during WWII causing colitis that would later manifest itself into the colon cancer that killed her; the fact that she was a ballet dancer and her smoking habit. Audrey was NOT ANOREXIC!!!)

(Hey, he said she was the patron saint, which doesn’t technically mean she was ano herself. I mean, I seriously doubt if St. Joseph of Cupertino was very involved with the safety of air travelers during his life, but that’s what he’s been stuck with.)

Compared to Orson Welles, practically goddam everybody is anorexic. He probably still weighs more than both Hepburn and Portman combined.

And if he isn’t, you’ve just given me an aim in life.

-http://www.laughsend.com : For all your comedy needs.

That’s exactly what I was thinking looking at that page. I think I need to move to Syosset.

Where exactly is that?

I’m guessing Long Island, but I don’t know.