What is so damn hard about using a descriptive title?

Ok morons, these stupid one word titles are not clever, they are simply annoying. Just like you you. So fucking quit it already.

That Subject: area is where you put the subject of whatever fucking nonsense you wish to foist upon us. Go it?

:smack:

Your title misled me into thinking you had a gripe about misleading titles.:mad:

That was quick. :wink:

Of course, it would be funnier if “misleading” instead of “descriptive” was in the title. . .

Oh. I thought this was going to be about the French.

that was my misleading post.

I don’t see why one word can’t be sufficiently descriptive. If you saw a thread titled…

Methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucylphenylalanyla lanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalany lphenylalanylvalylprolylphenylalanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspa rtylprolylglycylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleu cylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspar tylalanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylphenylalanylser ylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonyliso leucylglutaminylaspfraginylalanylthreonylleucylarginylalanylpheny lalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonylprolylalanylglutaminylcyste inylphenylalanylglutamylmethionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylargin ylglutaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylgl ycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylpheny lalanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenylalany ltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylglycylva lylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalylprolylvalylglu taminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanylarginylglutaminylalan ylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginylvalylalanylprolylisoleucy lphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartyl aspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryl tyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylseryl arginylalanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparag inylarginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparaginylhistidylleucy lvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginylalanylalany lprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanylglycylisoleucylser ylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylalanylisoleucylas partylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleucylserylglycylser ylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisoleucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhi stidylasparaginylisoleucylglutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethio nylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutaminyl
prolylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine

…I think everyone would know what it’s about.

but what if there were a thread titled Libertaria?
NO ONE would have a CLUE!!!

Well, a thread titled Vanilla would be just as (forgive me, Iampunha) … bland. :smiley:

If it were in the pit, most peopel would know it twas bout me.
But in IMHO…
so…what do y’all think of vanilla?

Boy do I ever agree with you about those dumb, empty titles. I just plain skip those topics. They are a real irritation.

It’s long been my policy to ignore threads that have titles like:

A question.
Debate this!
What do you think about…
Why does this happen?

Seldom is the thread interesting enough to justify the vagueness.

I think the appropriate title for this thread would have been:

Rant.

Do you know you can skip them?

I love vanilla. I like licking vanilla. Vanilla on my lips makes me happy. Is there anything sweeter than vanilla?
mmmmmmm vanilla…

You know, that bothers me too. When ever they fucking post stupid fucking shit feck arse monkey sperm threads, I make it my personal mission to hunt down those fucking llama brained shitmongers and kick them in the goddamn ass. I then proceed to slash their fuckin’ tires; then take my car and smash it into their houses.
It really works! :slight_smile:

Are you French?

I love French vanilla.

Do you have toffee chunks?

Heh, humor aside, this is a particular problem here in the Pit. Whenever I see a title thread like “Stop bothering me!” or “What a moron!” (even if it’s creatively written), I automatically skip over it, because it could be about anything from burping too loudly to goat felching. It gives me no motivation to get past the generic.

So what I guess I’m saying is that it’s the OP’s loss for not grabbing my interest. :slight_smile: