What is the best non-alcoholic beverage you've ever had?

Turkey Hill Diet Blackberry Sweet Iced Tea. Since giving up wine, I’ve yet to find anything diet and non-alcoholic that tastes ore like red wine. And it’s great!

Buttermilk.

Runner up: tomato juice.

No, I’m not kidding.
mmm

Couple milkshake mentions, but no malts? Chocolate malt made with real malt powder. Haven’t had one in years though because these days I reserve my liquid calories for non-non-alcoholic beverages.

Runner-up: a cold V-8.

I had a “Virgin Mary” – non-alcoholic Bloody Mary – at a luxury hotel bar. My heavens, that was good!

Earlier this week I tried Dry Sparkling Vanilla Bean soda. It was outstanding.

I’ll see your tomato juice and V-8 and raise you a Clamato.

Specifically the “preparado” version, with a bacon/egg/cheese sandwich in the morning. Or mixed two-to-one with beer in the evening. (Or as the base of a Bloody Mary.)

I was skeptical at first, but a Clamato, indeed, does hit the spot. More often, though, I use it as part of a tasty alcoholic beverage (whether a bloody Caesar or michelada.)

Ike, you have issues man.

This is a tough one. I’m going to go with cherry cider in Washington state in early July.

Issues? Dude has subscriptions!

Fresh squeezed, unfiltered, unpasteurized raw apple juice from Gizdich Farms near Watsonville, California. Pop the top of a new cold half gallon in the parking lot and take a long pull.

Second place: a passion fruit smoothie, sweetened with sugar cane juice, from a Vietnamese fruit juice stand.

Right. A Bloody Mary with Clamato is a Bloody Caesar (god knows why), and Clamato with beer is a Michelada (ditto).

Next time you hit Fatso’s, report back on the fried shrimp. They’re famous for their fried shrimp. I’m skeptical (on my two visits I had an exemplary grilled full-on Chicago dog and a “smashburger,” a cheeseburger smooshed on the grill), but curious. And the milkshakes are dynamite.

Hey, I like buttermilk, too. Cha-choon ah son goot.

Mean Mr. Mustard and I are gonna get together and whoop it up.

A diner around here used to make what they called an “orangeade.” It was about 8 oz. of freshly-squeezed orange juice (you watched them squeeze it) poured in a glass over a scoop of orange sherbet. Yummm.

A really well-made egg cream-- tastes like what’s left after you eat the ice cream out of a chocolate ice cream soda.

Ok. Want. Some. Now.

I love a good chocolate or caramel malted milkshake.

If the oranges are good, then plain old fresh-squeezed orange juice is pretty hard to beat.

Post #15

Good GOD that’s tasty. A chocolate malt would definitely be on my ‘last meal’ menu.
I was stuck in the hospital over New Years one time, and to celebrate, the nurses introduced me to a ‘mocktail’ of half orange juice, half Sprite. Surprisingly tasty.

We need a Doper potluck

Draft Root Beer float. With cheese dogs.
But for a single event, it was a 2-liter bottle of water I drank after changing a car tire-In Abu Dhabi-in the desert-in August. Like a gift from the Gods.

Bundaberg Ginger Beer which used to be a strictly Aussie thing but is now available overseas. All their naturally brewed concoctions are great = Lemon Lime and Bitters, Blood Orange and Pink Grapefruit in particular.

I’ve got trouble separating the drink from situation. During a winter trip to Chicago, my daughter went into a Mrs. Fields Cookies shop and brought me out a very hot, sweet, coffee beverage - that tasted strongly of coffee. I said Thank You.

Other than that, I love a big ice coffee on a summer day, or a non-alcoholic beer when I’m hot and dehydrated. (Most of the brands do have half a percent of alcohol.)