What is (was) for dinner tonight?

Not sure.

The flavors (other than the salt) really seemed made for each other.

The chicken literally fell apart on my fork, though it needed a bit more salt.

Dinner is leftover Indian food: dal, chicken curry, baby eggplant, garlic naan and raita.

Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread, and a nice red wine from a local (Texas) vineyard.

Leftovers last night, but tonight Ham and Couscous. This is one of the few recipes I follow as written (well, almost, I don’t add water chestnuts).

I’m feelin like it’s a Tuna Helper night. Yeah. I’m that motivated. I’d check the box and tell you what version of Tuna Helper it’ll be, but the dog is laying on the floor in front of the pantry so I can’t get to it. And I don’t want to wake him up. Cause he’s a good dog and needs his beauty sleep.

ETA - Oops - I forgot - I’ll have the Tuna Helper. The husband wants me to make stuffing for him. He cooked up a huge bunch of chicken giblets yesterday so he wants me to make him giblet stuffing. Fine with me, I don’t have to eat it, just cook it. It can bake while my Tuna Helper simmers. Or I’ll have a grilled cheese sandwich.

Yea, I’ll probably have a grilled cheese. Screw Tuna Helper. Way to prep intensive for me.

I tried having the casserole from last night for lunch, but I’m finding it doesn’t taste as good reheated (which is odd, casseroles usually, to me, taste better the next day).

Oh well, probably have steak tonight, maybe with asparagus and potato (mashed?).

I waited until really late so it was cooler, but I still sweated my face off. But it was worth it. I made my bacon chipotle mac-n-cheese. It’s Alton Brown’s Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe, but I add cooked bacon and 3 minced chipotles. We absolutely love this at my house and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever made.

Last night we had grilled cheese sandwiches. Tonight I’m making homemade pizza.

I had cold pork chops (that had been cooked on a Weber grill over charcoal & applewood chips last night). That was it. :eek: :cool:

Maybe some really good chocolate in a while. :smiley:

Another date. I plan on ordering sea bass. I’m rather excited. About the food, I mean.

Comfort food, because I’m feeling a bit blue today, for no discernable reason.

Home-made dal with spinach and peas, and rice. With some yogurt and papads on the side.

I tossed a beef roast into the crockpot earlier, along with some onions, lots of garlic, potatoes, etc. Italian dressing went in on top. It smells wonderful!

Just got back from shopping. I picked up some supermarket sushi.

It’s been pork chops lately, and I think again tonight. Pork chops with caramelized onion, fresh corn on the cob and maybe a salad or mashed potatoes or both.

Burgers, corn on the cob, green salad from our garden.

Leftover sausage gravy & biscuits, and garden tomatoes. Brunch was great, dinner… had good tomatoes.

Last night was baked fish with lemon & butter, green beans & potato cakes. I also made a taco lasagna this week. Tonight is fast food! LOL

It’s winter here, and I made chicken, carrot, zucchini and pumpkin risotto in the pressure cooker. No leftovers, so I guess everyone enjoyed it.

I think you need to meet other men.

Chicken yakisoba, beef teriyaki, and kimchi.