What is your favorite Simpsons Halloween segment?

I just love the one about the vampires that
ends with the spoof of the Peanutes Christmas
show, complete with Milhouse at the piano and
Santa’s Little Helper doing his Snoopy dance.

What’s yours, all you Teeming Million Simpsonites?

Gotta be the one with the ending sequence featuring the computer-generated Homer.

The one where Homer’s broken toaster sends him back and forth through time.

Marge: “A donut? What’s that”
Homer: “Ahhhh!” :runs away:
Marge: :sees donuts falling from the sky: “Oh, it’s raining again.”

That’s a tough choice, but the one that comes to mind is where Homer is going back in time killing ancient animals trying to get his world back to it’s original state.

Meanwhile, my favorite Halloween segment has to be James Earl Jones’ reading of “The Raven.” It’s from one of the earliest Halloween specials, and left a strong impression on me. I realized then that not only is this a damn funny show, but a surprisingly intelligent and literate one.

“Never more!”

Well, my favorite quote from a Simpsons Halloween episode is :

“Don’t blame me, I voted for Kodos!”

I’ve gotta agree with Knead (and Rev). The donut/time machine one left me howling. And my dad (not exactly known as a big Simpsons watcher) was right there laughing heartily with me. Mmm…family moment.

:smiley: Thanks to that skit, I now say “nevermore” exclusively in sing-song Bartspeak:
[Nancy Cartwright voice]
“Nevermore! Nevermore! Nevermore!”
[/Nancy Cartwright voice]

Those are all classics. I also wanted to mention the spoof on The Shining (or is it The Shinning? :D).

::Elevator doors open and a wave of blood spills out::

Burns: Hmm, that’s odd. Usually the blood gets off at the second floor.

Bart: Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!

Homer: He was a zombie?

and

Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad!

Homer: Did you wreck the car?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Did you raise the dead?

Lisa: Yes.

Homer: But the car’s OK?

Lisa: Uh huh.

Homer: Alright then.

finally

Clerk: We sell forbidden objects from places men fear to tread. We also sell frozen yogurt, which I call Frogurt… Take this object, but beware, it carries a terrible curse!

Homer: That’s bad.

Clerk: But it comes with a free Frogurt!

Homer: That’s good!

Clerk: The Frogurt is also cursed.

Homer: That’s bad!

Clerk: But you get your choice of topping!

Homer: That’s good!

Clerk: The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

(pause)

Clerk: That’s bad.

Homer: Can I go now?

Yesterday, the Halloween special with the psycho Krusty doll was on TV, and I had the TV on just as me and my BF started to mess around.
Finally we had to turn the TV off because I was laughing so hard that I couldn’t concentrate on uh…other stuff. :wink:

Groundskeeper Willie: You’ve got the “Shinning”!

Bart: Isn’t it the “Shining”?

Groundskeeper Willie: Quiet, boy! D’ya want to get SUED?

I had never seen “The Shining” before I saw the Simpsons parody, although I knew enough about the movie to sort of get some of the jokes. I had never seen “The Omega Man” before seeing the Simpsons parody either. That was a good parody, too, especially when the nuclear missile heads straight for the comic-book nerd, who had been walking down the street avidly analyzing Aquaman. His dying words: "Uh-oh, wasted my life … "

Damn, jb_farley – you quoted my favorite lines from my favorite episode. Curses!

That episode (Halloween 3?) has got to be the best. Bart dressed like the guy from Clockwork Orange, Homer as King Kong, and (I just remembered) the funniest lines ever uttered in a Simpsons episode:

Bart: “Wow, a talking Krusty doll!”
Grandpa: “That doll is evil, I tells you. Evil! EEEEEEVVVVVIIILLL!!!”
Marge: “Grandpa, you said that about all the presents.”
Grandpa: “I just want attention.”

This is definitely a fave.

Homer remembering his dad giving him sound advice during his wedding day.

Grandpa Simpson: “Now remember Homer, if you ever travel back in time, make sure not to touch anything as it might change the future.”

(okay, it’s more of a paraphrase than a quote)

I’ll second that. In fact, I have often thought of taking that line as my sig. But I rarely use my sig, so I never bothered.

anybody else notice that with the advent of the “Killer Advertising” episode, the halloween eps haven’t been quite right?

i’d have to go with “Attack of the 50ft. Eyesores” where Homer upsets a statue of Lard Lad by stealing his giant donut.

Homer- (answers the door to see Lard Lad) Oh, umm, you probably want your giant donut. Well… Flanders has it.(Lard Lad walks away and Homer shuts door) He came to life. Good for him.

(Smashing is heard next door followed by footsteps towards the house. Doorbell rings. Homer answers to see Lard Lad)

Flanders- (Running down the street behind Lard Lad) HELP ME LORD!

The beginning of the Halloween episode from a few years ago where there was a disclaimer about the content of the show was hysterical. First the pompous announcer says what will not be on the show: violence, swearing, and gore and that the show was like a Y7 rating, which appeared in the corner of the screen. Then he got stabbed. Rating went up. Then he swore. Then a bunch more stab wounds and the rating went to 666. Damn funny and a good stab at the tv ratings crap.

Three words:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut
But my favorite has to be “Bart Simpson’s Dracula”, beginning with the intro (they’re dogs. And they’re playing poker!!!) straight through the happy fun slide to “We have to kill the boy” “Grandpa, how did you know he’s a vampire?” “He’s a vampire?” and “This cape is giving me a rash”
Honorable mention to the time when the family goes on Jerry Springer… Marge saying “I’m so (beeep) embarassed” kills me every time

My favorite is the episode when the zombies that Lisa and Bart accidentally raised from the dead were wondering around looking for fresh brains to eat…

Zombies: Brains! Brains!

• Knocks on Homer’s head, which emits a hollow sound *

Zombies: Brains! Braaains!

And who could forget…

** BLAM! BLAM! **

Lisa: Dad! You shot Zombie Flanders!

Homer: He was a zombie?