What literary characters have you fallen in love with?

Sheri, if I couldn’t have Gus, I’d demand Stu. I’m with you there!

But you know, I’d have to say my first crush was on Rhett Butler. A scamp, but oh so handsome. And burning with love for Scarlett, but knowledge of her penchant for cruelty kept him silent. Those dark eyes! Those sensuous lips. I was in love. I was in the sixth grade. But I re-read Gone With the Wind not long ago, and found him just as irresistable (though Scarlett I found 12 times as annoying!).

I always preferred Soda for his carefree attitude and sensitivity.

Lord Peter Wimsey.

My very first literary crush was on Prince Caspian from the Narnia series. My copy of Voyage of the Dawn Treader had a picture of him with a little flippy pageboy and my pre-teen self thought that was just the most adorable thing.

These days I swoon for Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series. My heart also does little flips for Vidanric from Sherwood Smith’s Crown Duel and Court Duel books.

I could go on and on, but I’ll stop here.

Gwen Mati was pretty sexy in Robbins’ Half Asleep In Frog Pajamas.

Princess Irene of Xanth

–Cliffy

erislover I can’t believe you beat me to Catherine. I’ll fight you for her any day.

Others:

Susan Sto Helit indeed.

Maria from For Whom the Bell Tolls

Lady Brett from The Sun Also Rises, although I like to think I’d be bright enough not to act on/express it.

Blossom, from the Andrew Vachss novel of the same name.

Alexandra Kincaid, from my first novel (as yet extant only on my hard drive and in a box in my office, but trust me; she’s loveable)

Actually, any female character I’ve created, since they all tend to be amalgamations of women I love or am smitten with. Alexandra will always be my favorite. She was my first, you know :wink:

Garik “Face” Loran from Star Wars X-WING Series.

“Ummmmm, pardon my gaping ignorance, but who is Claude Frollo? or what book is he from?”

OH! DOH! I forgot to say. He’s an obsessive priest in the novel The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Notre Dame De Paris, which was the actual title. Eheheeh…

He’s more than a priest though. He’s also an alchemist, a doctor, a teacher and a parent. All at a rather young age too! :slight_smile:

“a parent”

Eh…an adoptive parent that is…ehehehe

Im reading lonesome dove right now Gus is the whip! and Im also reading skinny legs and all !!!

Legolas or Frodo, from LOTR.

Jonas, from The Giver.

The sweet second youngest guy in Outsiders, you know, the one who died (forgot his name).

I can’t believe I’m the only female in this thread who fell for Heathcliff back in college…

…on second thought I still fall for him…sigh

Third vote here for Susan Sto Helit. Smart as a whip, tough as nails, rather impressive pedigrees on each side of her family… Damn.

Also, Jaka from Cerebus.

Philip Marlowe, private eye.

Forney from Where the Heart Is. And not just because I saw James Frain as Forney in the movie version. I love him in the book too.

Eowyn, from Lord of the Rings. Not really my type, but she’s way too cool to not at least strongly like her.

Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter books. And no, it’s not sick, she’s almost 22 years old by now.

Dr. Susan Calvin, senior robopsychologist in various Asimov stories. Although she has a tendancy to not get along well with flesh-and-blood types… :frowning:

Lucy Pevensie from the Chronicles of Narnia

Princess Eilonwy from the Chronicles of Prydain

Vina Apsara, from Salman Rushdie’s The Ground Beneath Her Feet. Funny, rebellious, hip, creative, tragic, stong, vulnerable, [sub]rich[/sub]… That bastard Ormus never loved her like I did! <sob>

When I was a kid, I was in love with Trot, a girl in L. Frank Baum’s books.
More recently, Callista from Barbara Hambly’s Star Wars novels.

That was Johnny Cade. I’m with Caricci; I preferred Soda.

I also liked Stu Redman from *The Stand[i/].