What one question would you ask an ex?

Oh, man that must have been terrible.

I’m sorry, what was your name again?

“What is the Meaning Of Life?”

[spoiler] I may have got you on a technicality. :wink:

[/spoiler]

What did you think I meant all those times I said I never wanted to have kids?

If you loved me, why did you beat me …

Wow. So many options, and I wouldn’t even say I dated very long before getting married.

“How’s your little brother, was he ever examined and diagnosed?” (Their parents were in denial, but I’m not sure he could have come across as more autistic if the poor kid had it tattooed on his forehead. The school kept trying to tell them he should be moved to a special program, but they wouldn’t go for it. He was a really sweet, smart kid, but he needed the help.)

“Did you find someone good for you? I hope they’re good to you.” (Sweet and considerate person who just… didn’t work out. No hard feelings; I never think of her without hoping she’s doing well.)

“Can you forgive me for the way I acted back then? I was so stupid and immature, I want to punch my past self.” (God, high school.)

“Have you stopped telling people horror stories of how I (did not actually) mistreat you, to encourage friends and new boy/girlfriends to send me hate email?” (I wound up changing online names and email addresses, since that was how she was tracking me down again even after I moved far, far away.)

So a mixture of curiosity, guilt and anger. That’s probably how most people feel about their exes.

Why??

and may I please have my 14" Wustoph slicer back?

When I think about it, a huge portion of broken relationships could probably be responded to with just a “Why??” Why were you like that, why was I like that, why did it end like that, why…

Also, wanting your stuff back. I got stuff I want back too. :smiley: Freakin’ exes.

I’d like to ask a guy I dated in high school how his life turned out. He was a great guy, and I really cared about him, but I was a junior in high school, and he was a freshman in college, who was old enough to be a sophomore, but he spent a year establishing residency for the cheaper tuition. He was much more serious about the relationship than I was. He had a couple of friends who were seniors, and were getting engaged, and was talking like he was headed toward asking me to marry him as soon as I finished high school. I freaked and broke it off.

I always felt bad, because I really did like him a lot. I hope he met someone who made him happy.

**What one question would you ask an ex?

**“Would you please kindly get the fuck out my way, please?”

“Why couldn’t be man enough to end it formally?”

“'sup?”
mmm

“When we were being extremely careful with our contraceptives and you got pregnant anyway, is it possible that was someone else’s kid?
At the time I accepted your explanation that sometimes birth control fails but later came to wonder if there was someone else you weren’t as careful with.”

It was an ectopic pregnancy.

“Hey, you know how you said that you would transfer your phone into your name and pay your bill? Did you have that $850 in charges and fees that I had to pay because you didn’t?”