What online PC games do you play?

Inspired by Wesley Clark’s thread on gaming specs, I realized the only online games I’ve ever played were free MUD’s. I play online with the XBox from time to time, but nothing PC-based.

So what do you guys like to play? Also include subscription price if you know it.

Everquest, $12.99US a month, http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244105.asp

Kings of Chaos as Aruvqan, free=)

I race with NASCAR 2003 from Papyrus online. I spent over $400 for my wheel and pedals, I want to use them against real people. It’s pretty neat to battle side by side with someone at Daytona going almost 200 mph and the person is on the other side of the country. I’m hosting a 200 mile race from Atlanta tomorrow morning and I already have 18 pre-entries. I use to play a lot of cribbage online too but became burned out on it. I have been rated as high as #4 in the expert category and have won a couple of prestigous tournaments.

Well if you only play free MUDs you are probably an old fogey (at least in computer circles :slight_smile: ) so you might enjoy the also free Continuum/Subspace. 2D top down space shooter. Think “Asteroids” with more weapons/abilities and only other online players to shoot.

http://www.sscentral.com/c/

I’ve played Diablo II extensively, though I don’t play anymore.

I do currently play Counter-Strike.

Both of these games have free online play if you buy the game.

For a year and a half, I played Planetside intermittently. What really drew me to the game was the scale- you were fighting over an entire planet, with firefights so intense the sky was literally filled with tracers. There were a lot of fun moments in that game, but unfortunately Sony has been really slow to add meaningful content, and everytime they finally fixed/balanced one issue, something else would go out of whack :mad:

I’m looking forward to getting the Collector’s edition of World of Warcraft, hopefully by then I’ll have a computer that can play it. I’m a bit leery at the sword and sorcery type because some people have gotten hopelessly addicted, but the good news here is by the time I get to play World of Warcraft, I will be finished with school anyway. :slight_smile:

City of Heroes. There’s a longish thread on it here. A number of Dopers play on the Virtue server, as the C.E.C.I.L. supergroup. Website for that is http://sdmb.culex.us.

It’s fast-paced superhero action with role-playing elements. Your hero(es) get better as they gain experience, acquiring new powers and enhancing existing ones. It’s got a fair amount of reflex to it, about at the Diablo II level – it’s not totally twitch, since the game computes whether an attack succeeds, but you decide when to fire it.

Up till recently I was Playing EQ. In a week here I hope to be playing EQ2. I’ll give WOW a try as well. I will kinda have to depend on what my friends and I end up picking to play.

I’ve done Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, Ultima Online, Anarchy Online, Dark Ages of Camelot, City of Heros and Final Fantasy Online.

Wow, that’s a lot of MMORPGs!

Now I mainly play Call of Duty online. The new expansion pack adds a lot to the game, and the graphics are very nice.

Puzzle Pirates.