What other DC superhero property would you like to see as "THE ANIMATED SERIES" ?

The recent Alex Ross collection had a sketch of a proposal by him for a Captain Marvel (DC) cartoon series. Sweet!

Super sweet!

Do the “Vertigo” titles count as DC?

If so, I’d like to see Transmetropolitan.

Ha! I DARE anyone to do this show!

Rumor mill says Bruce Timm isn’t involved, so, no. Further rumors that it’s in the Timm-Anime hybrid Teen Titans style (which I like, except when they do the weird comic takes) remain unconfirmed.

Everything Tengu said. Except maybe Starman, because I could never get into that one.

And second for the Green Lantern Corps. Even the goofy cross-overs on Justice League and Duck Dodgers have me intrigued at the whole concept; I’d love to see more of them.

And if Vertigo counts, then a John Constantine series. (The real one, of course.)

A lot of them wouldn’t work since they’re self contained and end. Preacher and Transmet are stories, not properties.

I can think of a number of anime series’ that were that way, and worked just fine. (Kinda hard to draw em out past a season or two, of course…)

Hell yeah! I would love to see the original (female) Red [del]Tomato[/del] Tornado, animated.

At second thought, I want to go with what Bryan Ekers said.

I opened this thread to say just that.

That one, I think, would be one for Adult Swim.

RONIN, CAMELOT 3000 and BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS as miniseries adaptations for Adult Swim. Loeb and Sale’s SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS would be pretty good, too.

Also, since we’re just wishing and these are just baaaarely DC properties: Alan Moore’s flagship ABC titles: PROMETHEA, TOP TEN and TOM STRONG -with the option to correctly adapt the two LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN series.

I think the Veritgo and Mature titles would be great, but would be best suited to the Spawn/HBO style animation.

I’d LOVE to see Watchmen done as a single season, “maxi-series” in HBO Animation.

24 half hour episodes (2 covering each issue) would be sweet.

So would Sandman.

Another “Green Lantern Corps” vote. Especially if it features Kilowog, one of my all time favoriite characters.

I wanna see the 'Wog ya poozers!

…if they do a Green Lantern Corps series, I’d like to see a major story arc that leads up to a confrontation with E. Smith’s Lensmen series. It’s in the public domain by now, right?

Personally, I think anything will be okay if it has good writing and the same attention to detail as B:TAS, JL/JLU had/have. I would probably be wary of anything else especially when you consider the steaming pile of crap that is The Batman.

Ok. I was remembering the episode of New Superfriends where some villian was given all the Superfriends nighmares, except Martian Manhunter who doesn’t have a brain or something. Batman was sleeping at his mansion, and Superman even had a huge condo to crash in. Meanwhile, I figure Black Green Lantern had to be angry his white friends wouldn’t let him room with one of them, so he had to live in a shitty apartment. I bet Bruce Wayne has some policy where he doesn’t allow black people in his house, because it’s bad for business when dealing with the other blue bloods. Jerk.

Also I guess Flash just lives at Flash’s Youth Center.

Why do you bother posting in these threads?

They did do it right, darn it. The storyline was as true to the 80’s series as TV censors will permit.

I vote for the Justice Society Of America, set during WW2.

Three words: Exaggerated anime style.

I rest my case. :slight_smile:

A poor place to rest it, then.

A good plot contributes more.