What the hell is wrong with Scrubs?

Surely you don’t mean, like you know, well how should I put it…I think I may start looking!!! oooooo found it.

As I recall the last episode I saw was the one Michael J Fox guest starred in. It was well before the end of series 3.

The exaggerated use of the sitcom cliches (laugh track, applause when a character comes on, neat tidy endings, etc.) was a stark reminder of how much Scrubs doesn’t rely on any of those things, and yet somehow manages to be one of the two funniest shows on television. In that, it was very effective. Maybe it dragged a bit, but they did have to try and tie together three plotlines, something “typical” sitcoms do in double the time.

First, I will say that I am a huge, huge, HUGE fan of Scrubs. It is simply the best sitcom on television. I thought this episode was outstanding, especially when they parodied/honored the stereotypical sitcom. I thought it was a fantastic episode.

And it contained probably my favorite exchange on television ever. When Eliot was yelling at Dr. Cox over how spineless he was about firing Kenny and Jordan was right next to him responding about how she said the exact same things to him last night. I only wish I could remember the exact exchange, but it was so incredibly funny I nearly cried.

I thought the best gag was when JD said something to Elliott along the lines of “there’s no one in the world that I’m scared of.”

JANITOR comes flying through the door with the classic “Lenny & Squiggy” timing.

"YOU’VE GONE SOFT! "

“Are you just going to roll over like that?”

I saw this episode as a demonstration of what absolute shit Scrubs would be if it was a typical generic sitcom.

-Joe

“Okay, now it’s getting creepy!”

It took me a few seconds to realize the blonde in the fantasy was Elliot.

Guess I should have been looking at her face. :smiley:

cmon, how could you have not have loved “It’s floating wicker propelled by fire”

The nice old man was, IIRC, one of the creaters of Cheers.

I don’t think so. I recognized him as Principal Flutie from the first season of Buffy. His name is Ken Lerner.

But he was supposed to be one of the Cheers creators, leading JD into the sitcom fantasy.

Personally, I liked the cowboy and indian pajamas the patient wore.

She had a face?

Ken Lerner played “James Charles.” Cheers was created by James Burrows and brothers Glen and Les Charles.

Same number of cameras – uno. Counterintuitively, it allows more flexibility, because you can put the camera anywhere insted of having it fixed in three spots.

–Cliffy

Pretty good episode. I was worried after the first four or five episodes of this season that the series was going downhill, but it’s definitely back at the quality of seasons 2-3.

And Ken Lerner is the brother of Michael Lerner. Presumably family dinners revolve around discussions of what kind of character roles they got recently.

Wow, how did I miss THAT? I’m a huge Cheers fan too.
I knew he wasn’t one of the real creators of Cheers, but I didn’t catch the combination of the two names.