What was this TV movie and possible series

I recall a TV movie, probably from the late 80s or early 90s. It involved an alien spaceship where some criminals escaped. The female guard chased them down to earth and she worked with a human to track them down.

The one scene I remember is the earth man is behind her gawking and she turns and says something like , “why would anyone do that with their bodies.” I remember enjoying it, but haven’t been able to find it, and every so often it creeps into my mind.

Was it Something is Out There, a TV moviue that became a series circa 1988?

The most memorable lines I recall were the Earth guy asking the woman “Do you have a self-destruct on your ship?” and her answering “No. Why would we put something like that on our ship?” An excellent response to the ludicrous overuse of that plot device in a lot of films around that time.

That’s it! And it’s on YouTube so many thanks.

I’m going to piggyback, since there’s bound to be confusion if I start a new thread.

The series I’m thinking of was probably broadcast in the late 1970s, maybe early 80s. I think it was associated with the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew series, but apparently not since nothing resembling it is mentioned.

The series is about a woman who is trying to find (and kill?) the vampire who killed her mother in front of her eyes when she was a child. I think the same vampire is now letching after her. Late in the series, she discovers that her mother wasn’t killed but is now a vampire. Mother doesn’t want to be a vampire and gets the daughter to stake her.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Curse of Dracula?

You know, I think that’s it. I knew the Dracula character was someone I knew from elsewhere.

As a mini-rant, WTF did IMDB do to their site?