What were you THINKING?

Hold my beer.

Ahem … Hold our beers. :grin:

Well, the IT people were thinking that their jobs are so frigging interesting that everyone else wanted to hear about all their crazy adventures.

They were wrong.

While we’re here, what were you thinking with that Zuckerberg-esque Metaverse-esque avatar?

I think the extent of my thought was “that sorta looks like me if I had hair again.”

I guess I could have added a pitchfork for more of an American Gothic feel.

I certainly don’t think that about my IT job.

And I like your avatar, it reminds me of Bobby Hill.

I should have said “Some of the IT people …”. I painted with a brush too broad.

I can see the Bobby Hill resemblance. Glad you like it!

Truth be told, I have no idea how or why I ended up with that avatar. I suspect it was a very quick decision though.

I do not think, therefore I do not am.

I have a t-shirt with that on it!

Very nice. For probably too long, I followed a person around with that as a bumper sticker, just trying to get close enough to read it.

I was thinking I might have salad for dinner.

Me too. Played with an R&B garage band for a few years.

What, no room for Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer?

There’s always room for cello.

I’ve gotta get back into playing flute. I love the instrument.

That’s how I learned to flugel the Minute Waltz in 50 seconds!

No one else has any comments about a certain poster’s obsession with AM radio in the Stupid MFers thread?

I AM thinking therefore I AM

I’ve been wondering why that hadn’t shown up, and was considering posting it myself, but I kept forgetting what thread it was in while I was in this one.

Very large bee in bonnet about never mind what all the emergency management people are saying, the only reason to require AM radio in cars is to somehow make everybody listen to right wing talk shows, which mysteriously in their universe haven’t figured out how to get at people via the communication mediums the poster prefers.

I’ll put in a weak vote of support for him. I’m not sure why the US is requiring AM radios. I would have guessed “create trade barriers” rather than “facilitate right wing talk show hosts”. It just, “congess is old”. But radio doesn’t play nicely with Android Auto, which assumes you want all your media from your phone. And i complained to some friends about it. And the uniform reaction was, “you listen to radio in your car?” Have you considered listening to the streaming app of whatever station you want to listen to? "

I’m sure AM radio remains a useful way to send information to emergency responders. Heck, i have a friend who is part of an emergency ham radio network in the SF area, for use when the data lines are broken. But i don’t think it’s an especially useful way to get emergency info to regular civilians in this day and age. Those emergency cell phone alerts have got to have a lot more coverage. I remember listening to the battery-powered radio during power outages as a kid, but i doubt most younger Americans would even think of doing that.