What's everyone's problem with Pauly Shore?

Boyfriend opened for Pauly Shore at the Improv in Baltimore in December. It was somewhat entertaining. The only time that Pauly really got any laughs was when something he said tickled him and he laughed at himself. (You know, that little “heh heh heh heh” laugh.)

It was kind of disheartning to see that someone who I thought was so funny in the early 90’s was still the same, but less funny.

Why don’t I like Pauly Shore? Because I blame him for the first winner of MTV’s “I want to be a VJ” contest, Jesse Camp. Yes, I know that it was the viewing public who voted him in, but Jesse Camp was trying so hard to be Pauly Shore: The Next Generation, it wasn’t even funny.

To begin with…he has no talent! He had one “bit”. It was, “Hey, look at me. I am a young adult acting childish.” It grew old very quickly. He grew old. It doesn’t work now.

Perhaps when he hits his 60s it will be humorous again. I hope not.

I liked Encino Man solely for the Sean Astin butt-shakin’ dancin’ at the end–and the lovely opening shot of him waking up. Shore was an added bonus, as I saw it.

Besides a lack of talent, many people were put off by his mother’s being a casting director and the concomitant nepotism resulting thereof. Nice grammar.