What's for breakfast?

At work, I start my day with cottage cheese and fruit. Today it was peach slices.

We often go out for breakfast on the weekends, and what I get depends on my mood.

Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer…

Poptarts ( hey, I like them) Coffee, cranberry juice, and a banana. When my sugar is low I get sweets in the morning. Yay!

What? When we’re eating breakfast, it’s three hours later where you are!

Discovered that I forgot to buy buttermilk this week, so I made some with regular milk and lemon juice. NYT recipe for the cakes (with added baking spice). Good stuff.

Big breakfast on Wednesday? An unusual schedule. It’s cereal with chopped nuts on top most mornings for me and my wife. Sunday is “big breakfast” day in our house:

-Japanese sweet potato cut into sticks, tossed in olive oil with spices, and baked for 45 minutes. The spices vary from basic salt-and-pepper on up to curry, herbs de provence, jerk, or whatever I feel like tossing in there.

-Sausage pan-fried with diced onions and peppers. Sometimes it’s traditional breakfast sausage, but usually I go for whatever I see in the butcher’s case that we haven’t had recently: chorizo, andouille, Italian, bratwurst, whatever.

-Fried eggs, over medium. Non-stick pan lubed with olive oil seems to work well.

-Toast, lightly buttered.

Reading this thread tells me I need to try harder at breakfast. Mr.Wrekker always ate the redneck breakfast when he as working. ( that’s thin pork chops, 2 eggs and toast.) Now he eats at the diner/joint with his cohorts, most days. I never was a morning person, so a big breakfast is not my thing. I call what I do as a late brunch. The old English novels call it ‘elevenes’.

Peppered turkey breast on pumpernickel with pepperjack cheese and horseradish mustard.

Egg, bacon, jalapeño and cheese quesadilla using fresh flour tortillas.

two fried eggs and cornmeal mush topped with butter and maple syrup. I want it again already!

An 11oz Atkins mocha latte protein shake. Low sugar and a decent amount of protein while still being quite palatable. I find them a pretty good way to start the day, even at home/on weekends.

Of course, my eating habits go to hell once lunchtime hits…but I’m on the right track from wakeup - 12pm every day! :wink:

Yesterday: Per the alleged pre-nup, I made freshly-grated hashbrowns with over-easy eggs on top, and bacon.

Today: Eggs scrambled with ham and onions (I had Tabasco and shredded Tillamook cheddar on mine), and toast and jam. I got the eggs from a coworker who has chickens.

Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles (eggs, cheese and meat in a cup to microwave), or Atkins ham and cheese omelet wrapped in a low-carb tortilla or other flatbread (so I can eat it without a fork), or if Mr. Celtic Knot is feeling ambitious, real scrambled eggs, or if I know I can snack when I need to, Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale shake or a low-carb tortilla or flatbread with cheese.
I love a big breakfast, but I don’t often go out to get it. If I do: Chicken fried steak, eggs over-medium, hash-browns, sourdough toast.
No coffee for me, thanks. Ever.

Half an onion bagel with philly cream cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, grapefruit juice and a double ristretto.

Goat cheese omelet with chives, toast, coffee. I built planters for the deck rails, so we now have herbs at our fingertips.

Most weekdays, breakfast is a travel mug of very strong coffee with milk on he train, followed by a Tupperware packed with frozen mixed berries, homemade Greek yogurt, honey, and walnuts. I top it with a bit of homemade granola when I’m ready to eat it.

Weekends vary a lot - yesterday was a toasted sesame bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese spread and a navel orange, with cappuccino. Today was freshly baked whole grain sourdough with butter, plum butter, and more cappuccino.

Two papaya spears with lemon juice, an English muffin with about a teaspoon of Vegemite on each half, and most of a pot of coffee.

Tomorrow will either be gruel or oatmeal with fake maple syrup.

Savory oatmeal with thyme, chopped bacon and a fried egg on top.

Usually oatmeal with unsweetened applesauce, large glass of orange juice. This week bagels with cream cheese. I thrive on chaos.

And always coffee, coffee, coffee.

The only time I really have breakfast is before giving blood. Traveling is a good excuse too. Whatcha havin’, Hon? Baconandeggsovermediumhashbrownsandwheattoast.Comin’ right up.