What's for supper tonight?

Dinner this evening will be beef pot roast, baked potatoes, and green beans.
I’m trying to decide if I want to make a loaf of fresh bread (Hmm…or maybe some rolls, instead) to go with it, or not.

I’m leaning toward an avocado and tuna sandwich with spicy mustard on toasted scali bread.

I might have a big bowl of ice cream, too.

Husband - Ravioli with meat sauce and garlic bread.
Me - pizza bread (mozz and cheddar - no other toppings.)

Store bought pesto over store bought gnocchi with a topping of melted mozzarella cheese and some garden tomatoes. Accompanied by a nice glass of Italian wine and some Trader Joe’s chocolate biscotti.

No gooey butter cake, never cared for the stuff. Strawberry shortcake is much more likely, but a good slice of watermelon would really top it off.

Pork Steak, corn-on-the-cob, cole slaw, potato salad, and watermelon are somewhat cliche, yet indelibly marked in my mind, as midwestern “Summer Foods.”

Because it’s what we had at least twice a month from Memorial Day to Labor Day as far back as I can remember. Usually after a day at the pool/lake/river.

Yesterday - Piccata di Vitello with rice pilaf.

This evening - Pasta Fresca with our own home-grown basil.

Probably something meatball-based, since I plan to make a mega-batch later.

At our house, it was pork steaks, cole slaw, and potato salad, too. My mom still makes the best cole slaw (vinegar, not mayo) and potato salad. We actually didn’t do gooey butter cake very often either. When my grandfather was alive, he would always make a pineapple upside-down cake. I don’t think that’s a particularly St. Louis or Midwest thing, though. And then, after dinner – Pinochle! Good times.

This is one of my family’s favorite meals. I think we’ll have it tomorrow night. I’m thinking take and bake pizza tonight. It’s not been an easy day.

Crabcakes with cesar salad and i have a butternut squash that needs to bu used so I am going to steam it them mash it up with some roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese and serve that on the side !

Ribs are already on the BBQ – beginning to salivate.

Enchilada casserole.
I make it with a ton of veg so it’s at least a little healthy and it quick/easy/tasty.

It’s too warm to start the oven and it’s only me here…

TheKid made her first ever apple pie and I just happened to pick up some cinnamon ice cream. Healthy? No. Good? Oh, yeah.

Dessert for dinner is always a winner.

I am SO gonna do this (when my wife’s out of town :p), the kids will love me.

Half a pepperoni pizza covered in Sriracha hot sauce. It turned out so much better than I anticipated.

It’s hard to say since I’d never tried either before, but I’m going to say probably the pad thai. I’ll give the restaurant another try.

Definitely try it again, or you will be missing out on one of the great pleasures in life. Next time try the green, red, or massaman curry.

Spaghetti with from scratch chicken & Italian sausage meat sauce. Garlic cheese bread, all washed down with a cab left over from yesterday’s Cabernet Day celebration.

What restaurant? I wonder if my mom has eaten there? She loved pad thai in general.

Pan-seared chicken breasts with a roasted red pepper and garlic sauce, with a side of julienned zucchini salad with toasted almonds and lemon vinaigrette.