What's the most interesting car you saw today?

Nice. Though they were well before my time, I’ve like the 1953 and 1954 Kaiser Manhattan’s adventurous styling and engineering. I’d like to have one of their supercharged models.

A new Acura NSX in Thermal Orange Pearl. I think it’s a very striking looking car and the color didn’t hurt.

Honda just cannot design the front end of a car that doesn’t look like a grinning idiot or a mandolin slicer.

Yeah, but I’ll take grinning over the angry constipation of recent Toyotas… and really, most car companies’ recent grumpy grills.

Have you seen the massive kidneys on the front of the new BMW 4-series?

I just saw the most well maintained, BMW Z3 M Coupe.

It’s a car that looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. But I LOVE IT. And I don’t say that about BMWs in general.

Technically I didn’t see it. Because we in America can’t have nice things. But I just happened to stumble upon the Genesis G70 Shooting Brake. Now, it isn’t the most desirable shooting brake I’ve ever seen. But I would dearly love this type of “wagon”. Some that come to mind include the Jaguar XF SportBrake, and the VW Arteon Shooting Brake. Of course there are the more expensive Porsches and Ferraris that offer shooting brake body styles as well, but not in my price range.

In Seattle: A black Willys Station Wagon.
Exit to Birch Bay: A red Jeep CJ-5.
In Birch Bay: A red Jeep CJ-7.

It went by quickly in the opposite direction so my identification probably isn’t exact, but it looked like a red, early 60’s Chevy Impala, or something with a very similar grill.

At the Alfa dealership along the Charles River I spotted a new model that I’ve never seen. Apparently it’s a 4C Spider - pretty cool looking. I really want to see it in motion.

Google Photos

And, because it’s just so darn cute, another shot of my local Citicar.

Google Photos

An ordinary Chrysler minivan, but the entire rear window was obscured by a bunch of homemade laminated paper signs spelling out bible verses.

Today I saw a restored (I assume) Jeep Forward Control pickup. I’ve seen pictures of them on the internet, but I can’t recall ever seeing one “in the wild” before.

Also a BMW 2002, in a very 1970s shade of brown.

So many cars I can’t even remember them all. Was it the upside down 911? Nah, I’ll go with the Ford Mustang in screaming yellow with some custom pinstriping. Probably not even paint though, everything seems to be wrap these days. Doggone 3M.

A 1st generation (1963-64) Buick Wildcat convertible. I’m basing that on the grill mainly, and the size of the beast. I only saw the Buick badge and the front end as it went by me. Whatever model is was, the thing was huge.

There’s a baby blue one in my neighborhood that looks like it’s loved by the owner. It’s in very good condition but has that patina on it that a car of that age should arguably have.

There was a red-and-white 1955 Chevy convertible that passed the house a few times yesterday. Apparently it broke down at some point, as there was a post on Nextdoor from the driver, thanking the person who helped him get it running again.

There were actually a few classic cars out over the weekend, which happens when it’s sunny at the beach. (I washed the MG and we drove it down the beach for ‘dinner’ Saturday.)

No photos 'cause I was driving, but in the span of about 10 minutes coming back from the Home Depot I saw,

an Oakland Touring Car (believed to be a 1909 Model 40 from a Google search)

a pair of 19-teen era Ford Model T’s, in black of course,

a restored 1967 Mustang convertible in Frost Turquoise.

Looks like you had a car show in the area.

Red 1966 Corvair convertible much like the one depicted on this page, with the top up and parked in the driveway of a house which had a “for sale” sign on the lawn. Wonder if the owner was hoping that the car would attract some “lookie-loos”…

I rented a car today and as I was leaving the garage I saw an Audi RS6 Avant. It is a completely modern car but is actually pretty rare in the US. Americans like their SUVs and don’t buy station wagons anymore so, while popular in Europe, they ship very few to the US (Mercedes has a direct competition to this car and is likewise rare in the US).

It may seem silly to gush about a station wagon but it is a car that costs $120,000+ and performs like a sports car but also has a cushy ride (or not…selectable by the driver). Watching professional reviewers drive it they just gush about how fantastic a car it is to drive. Also, no one expects a station wagon to blow the doors off of other cars (0-60 in 3.6 seconds).

So, I stopped in the garage and just stared at it for a bit till it felt weird and I went on my way.