What's the most interesting car you saw today?

Another Defender today, but it was a left hand drive this time. Same color and same era it seemed.

Also a Bentley Bentayga SUV

A green '90s Lotus Esprit

At Rotten Robbie’s in Willow Glen yesterday, a 1940(?) Buick:

And a few days ago in Monterey, they were getting ready for Car Week and there were a bunch of classics on display in preparation for the auction:

I saw the Datsun Roadster again today. I’m pretty sure it was the same car anyway, though it looked older and more beat up when I saw it up close. But I got a close enough look this time to confirm it was indeed a Datsun.

Lucky dog, I have several friends who work that event. I couldn’t get the time off my paying job to go. Someday…

Thursday on the way to the office, I saw an ivory Porsche 356 with its top down.

A ‘69 Mustang Cobra Jet, with a ‘70 Plymouth Superbird right behind. On their way to a car show?

A 1960 Chevy Bel Air running down the opposite side of the highway. A 1960s Lincoln Continental, on the access road along the highway. There may have been a car show somewhere nearby.

Yesterday afternoon an Old English White Jaguar XK150 drove up the street as I was taking out the trash. I wished my OEW 1966 MGB was out.

An extremely rusted and beat up Ford Falcon sitting in the weeds near the road in front of a house on a backroad in upstate NY.

I don’t remember the car (new-ish SUV), but the license plate was from Nayarit – about 2,600 miles away.

The new Ford Mustang.

And… I barfed in my mouth.

I just saw one. It is in great shape, a pretty light blue.

I saw a modern Beetle painted like Herbie this past weekend, while driving on the highway.

I went to the farmers market this morning and found this 1949 Chevy in the parking lot. As a side note, I really appreciate the trend of license plate frames with the car’s model year on them.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Just saw this at a light while running errands. I’ve no idea why I’ve always been a fan of this car except that I once had an opportunity to rent it from Avis while on a trip. The car has stance and presence and is lovely to drive:

A week or two ago I saw a Toyota Camry station wagon. Needed some TLC, but I like the car. Today it would be competing against the RAV4.

Thursday I saw a DeLorean.

A motorcycle, the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401. I’d never seen one before. This looks like a fun little bike!

‘Svartpilen’ means ‘black arrow’ in Svenska.

I want one!

Wow. That’s one weird looking bike. I thought Husky only made dirt bikes. They where very much coveted back in the day.

A white Rolls-Royce Wraith. Enormous thing that, though a coupe, looks more like it started out life as a 4-door sedan but shed the rear doors and was given fastback treatment. To my eyes, the front looks to massive and blunt in comparison to the rest of the car. A link, to give an idea of the appearance: RR Wraith

First time I’ve ever:

• Knew such a model existed

• Saw one in person.