What's the most interesting car you saw today?

I spent a bunch of time driving through rural upstate NY and VT this weekend. Saw a whole bunch of interesting cars parked on people’s front lawns. Unfortunately, I was driving past so couldn’t identify many of them, but there was an early 50’s Chevy sedan, and cool mid-50s IH pickup truck, a 60s panel van of undermined make, and a 1994-6 Mitsubishi Delica van.

I saw an Aston Martin Vantage parked on the street in my neighborhood today. On one hand I do live in a fairly affluent town, but on the other hand you don’t really expect to see a high end car like that in this neighborhood of modest mid-century tract homes. Maybe it belonged to the landlord. Or a house flipper (the house it was parked in front of just had some extensive renovations done).

A Rivian pickup truck test mule in rather half-hearted camouflage (it looks a lot better in real life than it does in pictures). It was a little strange in that, as I took my phone out to take a picture, the two people inside it started staring at me like they were going to come over and kick my ass.

The Acura NSX, 1st generation, produced 1990-2005. The first all-aluminum body mass-produced car, per wiki.

I drove past a red VW Squareback parked on someone’s front lawn. It looked like it was driven regularly, but wasn’t in great shape.

Yesterday I saw a train car on the freeway. Well, in reality it was a locomotive engine. It was on a flatbed trailer.

Q — What has 1,340 HP?

A — two cars, a Mercedes and an Audi.

Spotted this morning. That’s my white JGC parked behind them.

A Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series Coupe
720HP, top speed = 202 mph
Yours for only about $350,000.

An Audi R8 Razor V10 Spyder GTR, by PPI Speed Design
620HP, top speed = 208 mph

This is kind of cheating in that I saw this on reddit, but somebody got a pic of Jay Leno driving his Bentley Speed 6 on the freeway in LA

At lunch time I saw someone driving a mid-1950s Plymouth.

On my way home I was behind someone riding a classic Vespa, that looked kind of like this one. It sounded and smelled like a two stroke. It was actually keeping up with traffic reasonably well on a street with 45-50 mph speed limits.

Quite rare, spotted this morning — an ISO Rivolta GTZ. Only 19 have ever been made, per wiki.

With a name like Rivolta, I can see why! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I did wonder about that too. If you remember the ISO Grifo, it’s from the same company.

I don’t, but I do remember the Yamaha TDM. Who names a bike ‘Tedium’? (And then there’s the Toyota Turd package, spelled TRD.)

I saw Corvettes today. Dozens of them. The Corvette show is in town.

A robot for food deliveries? Yes, from an Estonian company that’s headquartered in San Francisco, Starship, www.starship.xyz.

I spotted this a couple of hours ago in downtown Mountain View CA.

Yea. I have one, but it isn’t a turd. Good SUV. Marketing strikes again!

Of course it isn’t a turd. It’s a Toyota. And the TDM looked like a good bike. (Of course it was. It was a Yamaha.) It’s just that there are nutjobs out there who insist on reading abbreviations phonetically, reading things backwards, treating words as anagrams… TRD and TDM are just too tempting.

A 1st generation Mustang, but I’m not great at identifying models. I’m guessing it’s post 1969, and maybe the Boss 302?

Google Photos

Definitely at least a '71 and a base model, given the lack of stripes.

Saw that Old English White Jaguar XK150 again today. Twice.