What's the most interesting car you saw today?

A very nicely restored cab over pickup truck. I’m pretty sure it was a GMC based on the very low height of the bed. It was a double cab, and had chrome pipes running up along side the cab. Of course it was bright red.

It looked pretty much like this - such a neat look.

I drove past a Carvana car vending machine today. It was empty! I guess they really need your used cars.

I saw a lime green McLaren MP4-12C in Cheltenham last week. When they came out I thought they were a bit dull-looking - I suppose compared to the F1 (which I’ve never seen in real life) but now that they’re an older model I thought it looked quite elegant and understated compared to more recent ones. It definitely has more flowing lines, and noticeably wider than I’d remembered from seeing them before. I think most that I’d seen before were driving, and seen from another car, whereas this one was parked so I was seeing it from a different angle.

I also saw a very aggressive and nice-looking modern Ford Mustang with the Shelby snake logo on it (which had fooled me into thinking it was something Viper-related from Dodge until I checked for this post). It had black and white go-faster stripes and is the most interesting thing I’ve seen on my walk to the supermarket for a while. I guess that makes it a Shelby Mustang GT500 - or possibly the GT350 from previous years, but I think it had the more aggressive grills on the front and was brand new.

I’m not sure if it was a car I saw, but it was being towed by 8 tiny reindeer. That thing was flying!

Not seen in person, but mentioned on either Twitter or Facebook (or maybe a really old zombie here, but I’ve already forgotten) and I find it just fascinating.

Parked in a former Hudson dealer in Bellingham, Mass, for some 50 years. As of last month, anyway.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2021/11/11/the-future-of-sir-vival-a-safety-minded-custom-hudson-is-uncertain-as-bellingham-auto-sales-closes-its-doors

Nice that it has a handy tow hook.

That car was the subject of a legendary thread.

That is a great thread, but I don’t remember it at all. Thanks for the link.

In a forest preserve parking lot, very clean looking deep maroon 62 Lincoln Continental. Only thing ruining it was the “Don’t Tread On Me” plate.

In a ski area parking lot, a bright yellow Ram pickup with “Tonka” on the tailgate.

A late 60s or early 70s Chevy pickup and a VW Squareback in the same driveway.

Imgur

It was kind of far away, but I’m pretty sure I saw an Aston Martin Vantage today. But really the interesting thing was that it was painted bright purple.

A boxy Volvo wagon (740?) dressed out in some interesting garb.

Google Photos

Google Photos

But the wheels had a logo similar to the Ferrari prancing horse, but with a Swedish moose!
Google Photos

The moose is definitely an inside joke to Volvo fans. But the need for swede makes me wonder what the owner wants with a bunch of rutabaga (which the English call swede). :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It was a 240, I saw it again today.

I also saw a Hummer H1 in bright yellow. What a ridiculous vehicle for the suburbs.

Maybe not. How are the street conditions there?

In '91 or so, one some car magazine – likely Road & Track – published a list of the top five vehicles for driving around NYC. The HUMVEE – this was before there was a such thing as the Hummer – was #1 due to being the best able to handle all the potholes.

A nice Mercury Cougar, either 1967 or 1968, I’m not sure which. Definitely not a 1969.

^^^ Can anyone tell what year it is? I have about 10 pics of it on imgur.

Thanks in advance!