What's the most interesting car you saw today?

Made in Pennsylvania. You can tell by the rectangular headlights.

Cool. I was wondering about that. There was a time when many car makers went to rectangular headlights. Even Jeep did, for the Wrangler.

A nice Audi S5

IIRC rectangular headlights first became legal in the US circa 1976, and as soon as they did many automakers rushed to redesign their front clips to use the new “modern” headlights. Then the composite replaceable bulb headlights that you see on pretty much every modern car became legal in 1984, although there didn’t seem to be quite the same rush to redesign cars to use them immediately.

Makes sense. Thanks!

I had to drive into the office today and saw a VW Arteon in traffic. Not a very common sight, like its predecessor the CC.

A Mercedes camera car? What for?

Are those your pictures? The sticker on the passenger side appears to say something (and has a QR Code).

Found this:

This isn’t a car that I’ve actually seen on the streets but it is a very cool 1930’s-style car Ant Anstead created a kit for. It uses old Mazda Miata parts to build what appears to be a Typo race car.

Link: Typo 184 Kit

Saw a MB EQS 450+ today, had to look up what it was. Pretty impressive specs, with a price tag to match.

Yes those are my pictures. They were taken in Sunnyvale CA on 03 August.

I didn’t notice the QR code (and they might not be QR codes), but the driver was sitting in the car eating his dinner and I didn’t want to disturb him.

Thanks for the article!

A Taxa off-road trailer — their Cricket. Hmmm, I think I want one!

A VW Touareg TDI — not common.

1st generation Mustang convertible in faded yellow.

It looked like a 2000s era Chevy Trailblazer, only it looked like it had been lowered, and it sounded like it had a high performance engine. And it had what looked like the emblem off of a C7 Corvette stuck to the tailgate. It might have been a Trailblazer SS; I didn’t see an SS badge, but I wasn’t looking for one, either. Or maybe someone swapped a Corvette engine into a Trailblazer to create a sort of homemade Trailblazer SS.

For those who love muscle cars and sending letters, the USPS is introducing these:

• 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
  • 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
  • 1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT
  • 1969 AMC Javelin SST

The Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2022’s top selling PHEV. (4xe = “4 by E”)

“The Best-Selling Plug-In Hybrid of 2022 (So Far)“ — https://www.motorbiscuit.com/1-plug-in-hybrid-outsold-the-toyota-rav4-prime-to-become-the-best-selling-plug-in-hybrid-of-2022-so-far

A beautiful, tuned Audi A5. The owner showed me the engine.

@baeuros — Bay Area Euros.

Ten photos here:

A Datsun B210. When I was in high school and college these were all over. Now I rarely see any. This one has a little rust but overall it looks pretty good.

10 pictures —