What's your Curse?

I’m cursed with incredible beauty of course! Eponymous can vouch for this!
:eek:
ducks and runs away from the thread

Hey, sliv I say we give you a chance to test the power of your curse. You, a girl I like, and I should go out somewhere. When there’s nobody else around, tell her how much you fell for her (and you will, mind you). With luck your curse will be powerful enough to propel her into my arms. Did I mention that I’d pay you?

Oh, and dlgirl of course you can’t find anyone, it’s Arizona. Come down here to LA on the other hand… :wink:

Don’t be depressed. I didn’t get married till I was 28. :slight_smile:

My Curse(s)

A. Curse of No Sleep: My toddlers like to get to sleep at Midnight, I usually have to comfort one about 3 hours later, and end up having to get up early for some odd reason the rest of the week. 6 hours a night sucks after a few years.

B. Curse of the Sexy, Sex-Starved Redhead: Also known as my wife. Hell, my life couldnt’ be miserable forever, could it? :smiley:

My mom’s curse: shorting out small electric appliances and battery operated devices.

She could not wear battery powered watches without killing them. She could not walk near a radio or TV without severely disturbing the reception. Toasters and irons never lasted very long.

Conversely, she had a rather odd blessing. She could always start her Ford Zypher. No one else could. A garage mechanic gave the car to her when he could not get it going and the neighbouring garage could not get it going either. No one – the mechanics, our hot rodding neighbour, my dad, or myself could ever get it started. Not once between the lot of us. But it always started like a charm for my mom.

Mine is… “Instant Karma”! If I wish something bad on anyone else, a bigger, new and improved, more horrible version of the wish will happen to me. Right then and there.

I once squirted my mom with a water pistol (I was younger then… 30 or so…) and it immediately began to rain on me. It was one of those sunny day rain storms, the ones that look really strange, and it was raining on me and me alone.

I once muttered the insult “bedwetter” under my breath at a particularly poky driver and my car suddenly began to leak every fluid an engine has. I had to replace every single hose.

Some day I will really lose my temper and all anyone will find will be a little pair of sneakers with wisps of smoke coming out.

dlgirl, Saint Zero, I’ve got you both beat. I was born without the flirting gene.

Maybe DNA therapy will catch up with you. Granted, I did figure it out right quick…

I have the Curse of the Ringing Phone. As soon as I reach any ringing phone, it will stop. It’s gotten to the point that whenever a phone rings while we’re watching TV, my sister will say “can’t you just pretend to grab it?”

In addition to this, I also have the Curse of the One Who Has Done All Her Homework … Except That Question. In high school, our teacher used to go around the room and get people to answer the questions. And guess which is the question I’m always, always asked? That’s right … the one I haven’t bloody done.

Well, sliv, it looks as though you and I both pissed off the same powers that be.

Rob raises a grizzled hand**Thiiiinner?

Whoops, sorry.

I’ve got a couple: The Curse of Romance. Yep, I’m romantically cursed, as in: I don’t have any romance in my life. Never had a gf, been on one date (which self-destructed), and the ladies just don’t seem to be interested in me (as more than a friend).

The Curse of “It’s Too Small”. I’m a big guy with big, strapping shoulders. So usually, most t-shirts I want to get are just a little too small.
Now shoes are a different matter: I have huge feet. Due to that I usually have a choice of one or two pairs of shoes. So, I don’t go for different kinds of shoes, just anything that happens to fit.

KKBattousai - LA? California or Louisiana? If it’s Cali, the only thing I like there is Disneyland(hence my screen name) and my family. It’s just too scary for me out there, although I visit often enough to live there.

Robot Arm - You too?! I think that is one of the reasons why I am so cursed.

Los Angeles. It’s not that scary with the right guide. :wink:

And, yeah, I’m missing that flirting gene too. I think it dropped out along with the “know how to dance” gene.

KKBattousai - Are you sure you’re not a missing sibling? I can’t dance either. What happened to me?

My curse is my Chinese neighbor, who is a lovely woman but has some foul-smelling habits.

The second I open my kitchen window she will be outside cooking fishheads in sesame oil and garlic. Or she will have a handful of incense sticks going in her shrine.

When I close the window, they are gone. It’s like clockwork!

I dunno, KKB, it seems like that flirting gene is working just fine. :wink:

I seem to have the Curse of the Moody Girl Friends. I think back to my last few close girl friends, and I realize that at times, they were more sour than a barrel of spoiled lemons. It makes me wonder: do I attract these types? Yikes. Y’know, life is so much easier with emotionally-stable people around you…

I’m gay, but I dig straight guys. For some reason I’m more attracted to the straight acting guys than to the more feminine ones. This presents a problem though; ten times out of ten, the person that I fancy is, indeed, a straight guy and therefore not interested.

There has not been one love interest that by any chance was gay but acted straight. And there have been quite a few. Heck, even the guy that is now my best friend started out to be my crush…

I guess that a bf is just not for me…

Ah well, I can smile and look at the bright side of it: at least I will never have to get up early on a Sunday morning and watch my bf play soccer… :wink:

Aghris, I understand. I, for some reason, sometimes like a feminine-looking/acting guy. Don’t ask me why, but I think Jay Gordon from Orgy is cute (so are others from the band, but they’re already married). I also think Brian Molko from Placebo is attractive. Maybe the makeup throws me off… :confused:

It’s also possible that I just think they are attractive because they are celebrities. I don’t know.

I’d be deeply infatuated with a woman who would be either a)spoken for, or b)uninterested. It’ll take me forever to get over her but I just KNOW that the minute I get into a relationship with someone else, she’ll suddenly be single and/or interested in me.

I live under the Curse of the Every Damn Thing I Ever Buy is the One Lemon in the Bunch. This goes for small things like coffee makers and clock radios all the way up to big things like automobiles. I’m not exaggerating here. I can pick through twenty differnt items on the store shelf (doesn’t matter if it’s a cordless phone, a VCR, a TV, or a friggin’ can opener) and get the one that doesn’t work right. I’ve spent more time in the return line at Best Buy and Target than I have in the checkout lines. And don’t even get me started on my history with cars…