Where in the world is Matt Lauer?

This is the kind of thing that in retrospect, seems like a blatant signal of pervy jerkiness that should’ve been reacted to a long time ago. Him rubbing in Hathaway’s face the fact that he’d seen her genitals was awful enough, but the whole condescending “what is the lesson in this?” nonsense…so disturbing on multiple levels. Makes me wonder what he was really hoping she would say in response to that that question.

“The lesson, Matt, is that men actually are entitled to grab, stare, and say whatever they want to women, particularly if that woman have the audacity to put herself in a vulnerable position while being sexually arousing. Thanks to this upskirt incident, I now know it’s silly to complain about these kinds of things. If I didn’t really want this thing to happen, I could’ve just worn pants. Let that be your lesson too, ladies!”

In the defense of common sense, if you know that you are going to be getting out of a car in a short skirt while utterly swamped with photographers and you choose not to wear underwear, you haven’t exactly earned a right to be incensed.

Begin the thawing of Dave Garroway!

It seems that Ol’ Matty just can’t walk away as promised, according to this article about him giving unsolicited advice and critiques to various producers of The Today Show

I wonder if he’ll pull a James Blunt style comeback: https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/423803419166392321/photo/1