Where's that thread about how to become a mod?

I swore up and down we had a thread in ATMB about how to become a mod, and what they’re looking for. I was just curious but now I can’t find it. Anyone?

…Bueller?

You need to get Fenris to write you an origin, for one thing… :wink:

Yeah, I’d be curious about the process as well. For instance, do you have to provide your own jackboots, or are they company-issue?

I heard that it’s over in the secret Moderators-only forum.

The boots are company-issue, but you have to provide your own official moderatorial accessory. For most mods, this is a mod hat, but back in the day, I used a mod watch, and Coldfire had a pair of mod clogs. The latter presented a particular challenge, since he had to have his clogs custom-made jackbooted, to comply with the uniform regulations.

deep breath Time to confess my ignorance.

I have only the faintest idea of what a jackboot actually is. Someone care to explain it to me? Is it the things the Nazis used to wear? Does it have spikes? Why is it called a jackboot? Why do all the fascist thugs seem to wear them?

It looks like this.

When is nonpolar going to become a mod, already?

How is that different than a regular old boot?

Actually the origin is a Hessian Boot. Here is the definition I think 2 and 3 are most apt when discussing mods. :slight_smile:

That’s it! I’d forgotten he’s the one who asked. Thanks a bunch…also, **askeptic ** & Colibri, thanks for defining jackboot.
Mods, if you feel like it, you can close this thread now.

How do you expect to become a mod if you’re going to ask questions like that in ATMB? Off to GQ with you!

Sheesh.

Peer pressure?

Not sure of a thread to be a mod, but here is a thread on how to become an Administrator.

What’s a “regular old boot”? I don’t wear boots like that. That’s a “regular boot” only if you are a Hermann Göring or a dominatrix.

I think I’d like to be a moderator…I don’t think I’ve ever really said anything offensive or immature. What would be a reasonable post count and length of membership to aim for before applying for a mod position?

You’re right out, then. We DO have our standards, doncha know!

I used to be a moderator on a very busy messageboard. It’s not nearly as much fun as a lot of people think. After the wild parties, troll barbecues, and banning binges, there’s a lot of paperwork to fill out before morning. And then back to the same old grind the next day. If it hadn’t been for the six-figure paycheck, I woulda been outta there. Actually, come to think of it, I am outta there.

[Roseanne Roseannadanna voice] Never Mind. [/Roseanne Roseannadanna voice]

You’re right out then. Anyone who would actually want to be a moderator is clearly unsuited for the job. :wink:

Send me an email and I will email you an application.

The vetting process is long and complicated. Many are called . . . few are chosen.

TubaDiva@aol.com

your humble TubaDiva

[PhonyMod hat]That was Emily Litella.[/PhonyMod hat]