Who are today's poster women?

Anyone who grew up in the 70s remembers Farah’s poster. Who are today’s teens hanging on their walls?

If they’ve got any sense, Vida Guerra.

You can close this thread now. :wink:

A couple years ago a friend who has a little kiosk that carries t-shirts, mugs, calendars, and posters told me that Carmen Electra was one of today’s top poster girls. I was a bit embarrassed to admit that, although I’d heard the name, I really didn’t have any idea who Carmen Electra is.

Captain Jack Sparrow.

You can close this thread now.
:stuck_out_tongue:

She’s lovely, but who is she? Singer, model? Actress?

Notwithstanding the twists and turns of her tabloid life, only a churl would deny that Britney Spears is a beautiful young woman and a fit subject for any pinup poster.

Brooke Burke seems to be pretty big on the calendar circuit.

Do teens even bother buying pin-up posters anymore? It seems to me that even somebody with average computer skills and a good color printer could just do a Google search, pick out the picture of his or her favorite star that he or she likes best, and print it out and/or save it to the hard drive.

This was going to be my exact question. Why posters? And no need to print them out either. They just go as wallpaper on cell phones, mp3 players and computers.

That said, Jessica Alba doing the cowgirl bit in Sin City.

And if you’ve got a ton of money to blow, you can get something like this.

I don’t know what kind of monitor you have, but there’s something about a glorious 24x30-inch poster hanging on a wall that ain’t just wallpaper.

butterface!

you’re nuts. Nothing wrong with her face!

But again, who IS she?

Model, actress, and singer.

Damnit Hippy, you managed to post the worst picture her I have ever seen! I’d search for a better one, but I’d be topped within a minute or two.

A lot of the current “hotties” are involved in scandals, and have nasty pics online. It’s always a transitional thing.

When I read that I scrolled up to make sure this wasn’t a zombie thread from a few years ago or something.

“Life War”? What kind of name is that?

It remains true.

Damn her ass looks greasy.

The only thing Britney remains a poster girl for is child actors publicly slipping into drugs, alcohol and hasbeenism.

And LP’s had some advantages over CD’s and MP3’s. However, this a new generation accustomed to new technology. To people who came of age during the 70’s, “a glorious 24x30-inch poster hanging on a wall” may seem better than an 8.5" by 11" picture printed off the web or wallpaper saved to a hard drive but today’s horny teenage boys are all about choice and variety.* Back in the day, you were generally limited to only the few shots that were made into pin-up posters. There may have been photos you liked better than the one that became a poster but those where often small magazine pictures that weren’t worth the trouble of cutting out. Also, if your favorite object of lust deemed herself above doing a poster, you were pretty much left frustrated. In contrast, your typical hormone-besotted adolescent in 2007 can now go on-line and, after a Google search, find thousands of images of his favorite actresses, singers, or models to choose from. That’s why there really aren’t any “poster women” like Farah Fawcett or Cheryl Tiegs during the 70’s. Technology and the internet has resulted in greater access and selection so that no particular 24x30-inch image of a particular celebrity dominates the pop culture landscape. Like in popular music and television, this is an example of The Long Tail at work.

• Although you could go down to Kinko’s and try to blow-up a picture from the internet to poster size. I’m not sure if the resolution would be that great though.