Who do I talk to? (nothing serious)

Okay, situation: My two best friends have found other things in their life more important than me. Now, this I can take, it’s happened in the past. But this time I want someone to talk to about it… Who is a person who shoudl be able to listen to everyone (ie, parents, other friends, or who?)

looks pointedly at the OP’s username :smiley:

I’ve been in your situation many times, Speaker. I wish I had an answer…

Been there too.

How about talking about it to your friends here?

While my post count is, uh, rather inimpressive, I am a long time lurker.

This has to be among the most supportive communities that I have had the pleasure of visiting on the net. I think that Encinitas’ suggestion of talking to folks here may be the ticket if more tradidtional outlets are not available. (I’ll admit it, I haven’t reached that point yet with an online community, but this one seems far different than most.)

Myself? I have truly fantastic family support (without which I may very well not have survived the past three months). while my parents are always there for me, my sister is absolutely top flight. She has been there for me anytime I have needed to talk.

I very much hope that you can find (or build) a support system. Good luck, and all the best to you.

(and I, too, am a complete Card nut. Speaker just always spoke to me (no pun intended). It is one of my all time favorites.)

You mean they don’t want to include you or they are just too busy right now to be with ya SOTD?

Being deaf, Im no stranger to social isolation.

They are just too busy, and I don’t fit into their schedules. One’s moving and has a new pseudo-boyfriend, so she will only talk to me if I basically pin her down, and the other just doesn’t seem to like me as much shrug

I’ll second this board. I’ve been able to ask questions I can’t ask anyone else, and I got a surprising amount of support during a rough patch. I don’t remember if you’ve mentioned your religion in the posts I’ve read, but you might want to try talking to your priest, if you have one. If you don’t, or you don’t like or trust the one you have, try finding a different one. Also, my e-mail address is in my profile. I’ve been known to be quite blunt at times, but you are free to e-mail me if you need to.

CJ