Who has the most people on ignore? (No names, please)

I know some people think it’s stupid/silly/whatever to put posters on ignore but I find it super useful to just put obnoxious posters on ignore and be done with it.

I have 29 people on my ignore list. Can you beat that?

It’s been quite a while since I last “cleaned up” (deleted names for “departed Dopers”) but I’m pretty sure that at least half of the 175 on my list are still around – and ignored!

From time to time I wonder how many such lists I’m on! :smiley:

I have 49 but I also suspect that the vast majority are no longer dopers, well, not Dopers under the same name.

175?? I bow to your superior ignoring skills! :smiley:

I, too, wonder if I’m on any lists.

I thought my 30 was excessive. Of them, I can’t even remember why I put most of them on there and 3/4 of them don’t even post anymore.

What do you see if somebody you have on ignore starts a thread?

Just their handle. No clue what’s being said. That’s why 9 out of 10 times, if the title is catchy, I’ll at least glance at the content. It’s not like I want to miss anything good!

I just use the Ignore List instead of keeping a separate file of names I know I’m not “in sync” with.

FWIW I wind up reading about half the ones I’ve “ignored.”

What’s the most fun is when “everybody” who replies to something I’ve started is on my Ignore List! That smarts!

The thread title shows up on the main page but, if you mouse over it, nothing shows up. If you click on the thread, the title is there but the body is blank.

I have 4. I’ve had others, but I remove them after they are banned.

I thought I was a badass for having one person on ignore. Guess not.

I still have 0 ignored. I’m amazed by the need to ignore so many posters or any posters.

I used to have just one. He (oops that narrows it down) is completely harmless but I went through a period where I preferred not to see his threads. It didn’t last long.

I’ve got eight on my list, but four of them have been banned, and one hasn’t posted since 2013, so I only have three active members on ignore.

As do I. I just have a “mental ignore list”, where I see the name of one of our Ignorant Spewers of Party Lines, and my eyes just sliiiiide over their post. Works well enough.

Every time I do slip and read something from them, I think “Should I set them straight with a quick fact or two?” But then I realize it won’t do any good… and might just feed their neurosis.

Currently 13. I deleted a few that have been banned and just added a new person who is unworthy of my time.

I only have one, and apparently they’ve been banned for 15 years now.

Same here.

I post on another board where I iggied a lot of people at one time, but now I’m down to one and I haven’t seen evidence of this person having posted for a long time. She was such a Debbie Downer, her posts would literally make me suicidal, and I didn’t need to see that.

I am pretty sure i am on some. I am such an irritant. I have no one ignored, cause i am nosy.:wink:

When you first turned up, yeah, I was irritated. But I LOVE reading your posts now, and look forward to Beckdawrek posts in threads ESPECIALLY when I least expect them. You remind me of the stereotypical chatty chick at work who never shuts up. And I mean that in the nicest possible way, really. :slight_smile:

I did have one person on ignore…and it lasted for about two hours before I couldn’t resist reading their stupid drivel again. Some of them are bloody addictive!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I had one, but I think that person is long gone. I pretty much just breeze past posts by certain people - same way I’d tune them out in person. Self-preservation, yanno! :smiley: