Who is the guy who yells ¡GOOOAAALLLLL! on Spanish TV?

I debated putting this into CS, but it’s a request for a factual answer, not intended as a discussion of Spanish-language soccer coverage.

So, what’s his name?

Thanks!

Robin

I would guess it’s whoever the announcer is for the given game.

I don’t think there is any one announcer/commentator famous for doing this. It seems to be standard operating procedure throughout the Spanish/Portugese speaking world.

Andrés Cantor

Is it not “GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!”?

Not when Cantor says it. Then it’s "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

I think chaoticbear was referring to the A’s in the subject line of the OP.

chaoticbear still spelled it wrong. :slight_smile:

I had thought that is was spelled “Gol” in Spanish. I see, however, that you’re in Panama, a country that is much better known for its ability to speak Spanish than the US, so if I’m wrong, that’d be OK.

Despite the fact that I did take and pass four semesters of college Spanish, I was shooting for a phonetic spelling, not a literal one.

Thanks for the responses.

Robin

Colibri writes:

> Not when Cantor says it. Then it’s
> "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
> LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
> !!!

Aren’t there in fact an uncountable number of phonemes in this expression when it’s said by someone named Cantor?

That was a JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE!!!

“Gol” is the right word, I just meant you didn’t have enough o’s to do Cantor justice.

G:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DLLLLLLLLLLLLLL[SIZE=4]!!![/SIZE]