Who will be Trump's running mate?

Trump has said that he has picked his running mate, but has not yet named them. Lets have speculation as to who it could be.

Some people have speculated Tucker Carlson, and some have speculated MTG. Either one of them would be a nightmare scenario if Trump dies in office, and they take over.

I would like to offer my own speculation. Having been betrayed by Pence, Trump will want someone he can trust to follow orders. There’s only one person that Trump would trust: Donald Trump Junior.

I think he’ll pick Kerri Lake. She’s absolutely insane, and he thinks it’ll guarantee Arizona this time around.

I’d downgrade that to a “maybe.”

He will not pick a woman or a black–that would anger his base. He will not pick anyone who could outshine him–that leaves out Tucker Carlson. He will pick some amiable non-entity who will follow orders. The Votemaster likes JD Vance and Mike Pompeo.

I’ve been thinking Flynn for a while.

I hadn’t thought of that. Ugh. That would be a disaster. (not that the other names are good).

If he doesn’t choose one of his offspring, then he’ll go the same route he did last time: Someone completely boring but who has consistently kissed up to him.

But of course, he hasn’t chosen yet, and won’t until the last moment, to make sure that whoever it is keeps on kissing up to him.

Slight Hijack: I don’t believe he has any idea who he’s going to throw under the bus, I mean, pick as a running mate.

I can’t think of anyone stupid enough to take the bait. But I have critically low reserves of imagination lately.

How about that kid who travelled to the protest (had it achieved riot status?) in Wisconsin so he’d have the opportunity to shoot people? Is he old enough?

Au contraire, mon ami. He is the only republican who could get away with it, (like it takes a Nixon to go to China). Since Biden’s VP is already a woman of color, Trump’s running mate will claim to be an intersex trans person who is half native American and half African American and half Asian. This person will, in fact, be a cis white male.

I agree a black or a woman seems likely, if only so the Republicans can weaken the Democratic claim of being the inclusive, tolerant party opposing bigots/white supremacists. Tim Scott or Kerri Lake wouldn’t surprise me.

I’m still thinking Vivek is a likely one.

The end of Ramaswamy’s campaign marked the beginning of his next chapter: as a vocal Trump campaign surrogate.

“He’s going to be working with us for a long time,” Trump said Tuesday after some in the crowd chanted “VP, VP, VP.”

When asked if he’d considered having the businessman as a running mate during a TV show appearance in August, Mr Trump said “Well, I think he’s great. Look, anybody that said I’m the best president in a generation… I have to like a guy like that.”

He added: “I tell ya, I think he’d be very good.”

Family member.

It’s the easiest way to insure his legacy. There is zero chance that he is going to lift a finger for anyone else. Yes I think people would try, but they are going to be thrown under the bus for his family anyway. So he has a family member run, then that family member runs for president to continue the Trump dynasty.

I’m sure that Ramaswamy hopes to be the running mate, but he’s too interesting. He might take away as much as 10 or 15% of Trump’s spotlight. And that’s not something Trump will tolerate.

I am kind of here now as well. But I will toss in there Sarah Huckabee-Sanders as a possibility.

My money is on Elise Stefanik.

Stefanik is one of the few who is as nasty and unprincipled as MTG and Boebert but able to keep the crazy tamped down thereby increasing her appeal to the base and independents. Definitely a nasty piece of work who is clearly hungry for power.

That’s also possible. I am also of the opinion that Trump might want someone boring like he did last time. I just think there are signs he might be leaning that way.

Agree. Boring and pliable, and with a little less knowledge of how government is supposed to work. Darned Pence was too smart.

I think Nikki Haley is his best choice. But of course she’s crossed him and unless she’s willing to kiss his ass she’s not going to be considered. I’m hard pressed to think there are many candidates who will bring anything of value to the Trump campaign. i.e. Who will bring more voters to Trump’s tent? Vivek? I don’t think so. Greene and Sanders aren’t likely to bring anyone to Trump’s side either. So I’m going to go with someone boring who won’t take any attention away from Trump.

Oh, I like that guess. (“Like” as in “it seems plausible,” not “like” as in liking SHS. Anyone who is a plausible VP for Trump is by definition a horrible person.)