Who's watching the Olympics opening ceremony?

I almost commented on that, but I didn’t want to bring the thread down. My thoughts at such times are somewhat morbid. :frowning:

So who’s going to be carrying the torch?

#99? or Gordie?

k.d. lang! :smiley:

Boooooooooooo!

I gotta get me some of those maple leaf mittens!

No use for the mittens, but I love the tuques!

Pay close attention to the first and last verses, and the sense of it may shift a little for you.

Ladies an’ gennelmen… The Great One.

Who looks like he’s been botoxed to here and gone!

D’OH! I was wondering what they were waiting for.

What is it they say on Junkyard Wars? Whenever you have hydraulics involved, there are going to be problems?

Yeah, the torch looks a wee bit…lopsided. Oh well.

“I don’t know what’s wrong, this has never happened to me before.”

Olympics Fail!

You’re saying it was a failure of Olympic proportions?

What do I win? :smiley:

Well, the fourth column of the Olympic torch failed to appear, but the torch is now lit. Four great Canadian athletes with Wayne Gretzky lit it.

What else did I learn? Uhm…Canadians love nature. Their Indians especially love nature and also have invented some of the most enduring greeting-card slogans ever to be burned into those wooden plaques you get at country stores. They also can dance for an entire parade but the dances look kind of alike to the untrained eye.

Everybody is nice to everybody and, unlike other countries, they have a Little Italy and a Chinatown. Their fiddlers are punk and they apparently had no cowboys, railroad men, refugee Tories, or slaves in their history.

The chance to go jack that fourth leg of the caldron up… :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t forget “zed”.

It was everything lame-ass about Canadian-hosted events, I’m afraid.

Fiddlers and step dancers? Check.
Nature stuff? Check.
Aboriginals treated like pets? Check.
Trotted out musicians past their prime? Check, check, check.
Technical difficulties? Check.
Fat neckbeard from Youtube? Okay, I wasn’t expecting that, but it was lame. Check.

The projection effects were quite amazing, though - a lot of them were breathtaking, especially the whale effect.