Why did the Doper cross the road?

To ask the chicken why it had crossed the road, in order to answer that in GQ.

They only did it once. Took 20 minutes, though.

To find an answer to your question.

To paraphrase Sir Issac Newton, Dopers at rest tend to stay at rest. Dopers in motion tend to cross roads.

I hope that clears thins up.

To fix the grammar in someone else’s post. :smiley:

I meant to do that. :wink:

Hey, I crossed the road, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have. Take some responsibility, assholes.

Some people want the other side of the road handed to them on silver platters.

He didn’t cross the road, Ed Zotti did.

Why did the Doper cross the road?

1. The grass really is greener on the other side, plus the grass is legal there.

2. According to Nate Silver, Dopers crossing the road was statistically inevitable and should not have come as a surprise to anyone other than Karl Rove, who firmly believes Obama made them cross the road because there were free gifts and pie on the other side.

3. Most likely is that someone on this side of the road needed assistance with changing a light bulb, but as they had no idea how to go about doing that and didn’t want to help, they simply bailed on helping that person and walked over to the other side where there was something new and more shiny.

When crossing road bring pie!

Bring pi? That’s really irrational.

To look for the third word that ends in ‘gry.’

You could have at least used the damn crosswalk. I couldn’t see you wearing all black and zipping around on your unlit bike at dusk.

Sorry, I was in a rush. There were some outdoor cats that I needed to declaw and use in a modern art piece I’m creating.

To escape The Cooler Of Death. (I’d have looked it up and posted a link, but I’m feeling lazy.)

To get to the other side. Just once. For twenty minutes.

To have a Nespresso. What else ?

This wins the thread.

Nonetheless:

[ul]
[li]To get their daily workout.[/li][li]Because the brakes failed on the mobility scooter.[/li][li]To show off their silly walk.[/li][li]Why are you asking such a simple question? Google is your friend.[/li][li]To get a better WiFi signal.[/li][li]Most people aren’t smart enough to understand why.[/li][li]In Spain, its illegal to cross a camino except at a paso de peatones.[/li][li]Considering the Earth’s rotation and movement through space, it’s more like the road crossed them.[/li][/ul]

Crossing roads is bullshit. There are maybe a dozen people in the world that think it’s a good idea to cross a road, and they all post here. And then they whine about it.

Judging by a lot of the posts on this board, probably to avoid a really horrible family member.

Or maybe to get 14 k of g in a f p d.