Why is the board's clock running two minutes slow?

Well, if it were us, we’d go off about two minutes late. :mad:

Test

ETA: Ok, this is now going to annoy me. Like the two periods after the edited notification (thanks a lot to whomever pointed that out). When I finally have my breakdown, you’ll all know why.

Huh. I thought I was going crazy, but now I see what is going on. When I’m logged in, IvoryTowerDenizen’s post time just above mine (for example) is 1:48. When I’m not logged in, it’s 2:48. The board’s clock has not been set back unless you are logged in? Been noticing this here and there for 10 days or so now.

It is 2:30, dammit.

Crap.

Posted at3:14, exactly.

Regards,
Shodan

Problem is that I posted at 1:50 and it recorded it as 1:48.

I understand there is a 2 minute discrepancy in the Board’s clock.

My observation, which I appended to this thread about the Board’s clock, is that I have noticed, over the past 10 days or so, that the Board appears to be operating an hour in the future if you’re not logged in. I apologize for not making this clear in my first post, where I stated the exact same concept in somewhat different words.

I thought I hadn’t been clear about what I was reporting, based on your comment.

All is well.

Which time zone are you in? I think the board defaults to CST if you aren’t logged in.

I’m in the Central Time Zone. The board appears to still be on CDT when I’m not logged in. Does this happen for anyone else? My iPhone (by which I commonly read the SDMB) has the correct CST.

If the board is still running on CDT, why would it be two minutes behind? Wouldn’t CDT put it two minutes ahead?

You mean that was cornstarch next to the rolled up $20 bill?

Yeah, is someone making sweet and sour sauce?

Bolding mine.

This is how you know when you’re spending too much time on the boards, when it’s redefining your reality! :wink:

“Membership has its privileges”… Those Chosen by the Mods in Secret Cabal have their posts placed two minutes in the past as a perk to make them look more far-sighted. Shodan is borderline so he only gets one minute. Those not chosen are an hour out.

Two was chosen as the representative dichotomy of the Board - The straight dope vs ignorance, yin and yang, Hi Opal!, sarcasm vs everyone… All this is commemorated in the expression of Twos - two dots in edit comments, two minutes grace in posts, and … I may not post a lot, but when I do post, I prefer to post with Dos Equis - The Most Confused Man In The World

Have you considered a career in Philosophy? :dubious:

Aaaarrgh!!! I had never noticed that.

I actually would be a bit concerned that the server isn’t getting its clock updates. Obviously, that wouldn’t be too big a problem on its own, but it could mean there’s something else wrong.

CST=Cecil Standard Time.

Or when you try a Search too soon and it tells you: “Please try again in 1 seconds.”