Why the hell wasn't I banned?

I was banned once. For twenty minutes.

It was at the bottom of -

oh, never mind.

Regards,
Shodan

Well, that’s hardly a melt-down, complete with justifications, excuses and self-pity. Not ranty at all.

[QUOTE=featherlou]
Well, that’s hardly a melt-down, complete with justifications, excuses and self-pity. Not ranty at all.
[/QUOTE]

I give partial credit; it was under 300 words.

Yes, full marks for brevity. Not even a capitalization at the start or a period after.

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
Ok, to begin with I accept that what I was asking for was not obligitary for anyone to do, nor was it a usual request.

But I ask perfectly civiliy to get banned for two hours and get told effectively to fuck off. What the hell is wrong with people? I know you don’t have to do it. I know that it requires a bit of effort. But not much. All I want is to be banned for two hours so I know what it feels like. This is not a difficult thing to do, and it would only be imho commmon courtesy to do it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
[/QUOTE]

I. Love.

LOVE.

This post.

-FrL-

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
I would have thought my motive was totally obvious, but for the hard of thinking - I want to be banned for a bit so that I know how bad it is, which will act as a good deterrent if I get in a bad mood for doing something I would regret.
[/QUOTE]

I am laughing. So hard.

This is awesome. You are awesome.

Thank you.

-FrL-

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
… I want to be banned for a bit so that I know how bad it is, which will act as a good deterrent if I get in a bad mood for doing something I would regret…
[/QUOTE]

[Dingo] You must ban him well, and after you are done with him, you may deal with him as you like… and then… ban me. [/Dingo]

And then the oral sex.

[QUOTE=JonScribe]
[Dingo] You must ban him well, and after you are done with him, you may deal with him as you like… and then… ban me. [/Dingo]

And then the oral sex.
[/QUOTE]

That is awfully familiar, but I cant place it. Monty Python?

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
I’d just like to announce that Cryptoderk is now banned from my board. Of course, he doesn’t know which board is mine, but he is banned.

In other breaking news, I just farted, and purple butterflies flew out of my ass.
[/QUOTE]

Come on! You know any mention of animals requires a picture!

[QUOTE=Autolycus]
That is awfully familiar, but I cant place it. Monty Python?
[/QUOTE]

yes, the Holy Grail

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
I’m busy coming up with a pithy reply that will answer all the criticism here in three hundred words or less. Also got work to do. Might be a few days.
[/QUOTE]

Is this the reply? The one which answered all the questions? How can we tell what are we to do?

Who will think of the children? :mad:

[QUOTE=TokyoPlayer]
Is this the reply? The one which answered all the questions? How can we tell what are we to do?

Who will think of the children? :mad:
[/QUOTE]
I believe that this is the awaited answer. Cryptoderk has previously sought help with his problem of terseness.

The cry for help.
[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
How do I learn to be verbose?
At present I am too succinct - this often leads to problems.
[/QUOTE]
He is a master of succinctness.

[QUOTE=Crotalus]
He is a master of succinctness.
[/QUOTE]

NOT!

[QUOTE=cosmosdan]
NOT!
[/QUOTE]
His goal was three hundred words or less, he spent hours on it, and he came back with “wankers”. Imagine how many verbs, adjectives and articles he ruthlessly eliminated.

Ah, the fickle muse.

[QUOTE=Crotalus]
His goal was three hundred words or less, he spent hours on it, and he came back with “wankers”. Imagine how many verbs, adjectives and articles he ruthlessly eliminated.
[/QUOTE]

The Hemmingway of the SDMB.

[QUOTE=cosmosdan]

NOT!
[/QUOTE]

!?

[QUOTE=Puzzler]
!?
[/QUOTE]
To be more succinct, you could have used an interrobang.

[QUOTE=Liberal]
Um, no. Entitlement minded slackers, mostly.
[/QUOTE]

Did somebody call me?

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
I want is to be banned for two hours so I know what it feels like. This is not a difficult thing to do, and it would only be imho commmon courtesy to do it.
[/QUOTE]
OK, I’m sorry, I was giving you shit, but actually I’m with you now. I’d like them to ban me for 96 seconds. Not 97 or 95, but exactly 96. Jesus H. Christ, you pay good money to be a member of this club and you would expect a little respect around here.