Why was the "Fuck North Dakota" thread closed?

I live in N.Dak as well. Have for most of my life.

There are days I tend to agree with Bosda.

I know it was rhetorical. I was making a bad joke. :smack:

I’ve been from Lake Darling to Tschida,
and Beulah to Hazen.
Williston and Fargo,
Dunseith and Dickinson.
But there’s only one place that I would call home:
'Cause “freezin’s the reason”, and from Minot I’ll never roam.

Tripler
Thanks, I’m here all week. Please, don’t forget to tip the waitresses.

Yeah, I hear it’s based in Skokie.

• Jonathan “Proud Wilmetter” Chance

You leave the Salukis out of this!

::raises her hand::

But the important Thorstein Veblen was a boat, and therefore a she.

Bahia Mar?

Oh fer Chrissake, North Dakota isn’t that small. :smiley:
On a semiserious note, N.D. is on my short list of states to visit to complete the goal of visiting all 50 (I lived in S.D., but somehow never had enough incentive to cross the border). With the exception of the Peace Garden, what would be worthwhile as a brief destination? Is the state’s version of the Badlands scenic, and are there any restaurants worthy of the name in the area (S.D.'s Badlands are gorgeous, but there’s nothing to eat)?

<SHATENER>KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!</SHATNER>
:smiley:

<makes sad puppy eyes at TVeblen>

You’d have been safer hiding behind one of your screaming fonts than presenting an image that will probably make her retch.

Why is nobody interested in South Dakota? :confused:

Because South Dakota is mythical, like Atlantis or Canada.

There’s only one restaurant in the whole state, and it’s an Arby’s. :frowning:

Tripler , when we last parted ways, I thought we had at least a tacit understanding but now I see I was wrong. Doesn’t take much to revert to your old golf-bashing ways, eh?
Well, I guess we’re just going to have to take it outside. The 1st tee @ 10:00 am tomorrow am. My choice of weapons. I’m thinking sand wedges. Nice heavy heads. If you don’t show up, I’ll just switch to a driver and start without you.

And Tomndebb , Moderator ??? Oh, I think not. There is nothing moderate in jumping on the golf-bashing bandwagon with such glee and abandonment Do we not have feelings too? Is there no compassion left for those of us who are compelled to venture forth, oh, I don’t know,4-5 times weekly to pursue our masochistic tendencies. If you prick us, do we not bleed?
I’m warning you, I’ll,I’ll, :mad:

OK, thats all I got!!!

And the soda is all flat.

Funk dat.

If you want a match, I’ll see you on the ice. Bring whatever weapons you want.

No traps, no wedges, no nothing. Just you, some skates and shin guards, and a goalie.

Tripler
Perhaps I wasn’t clear before this:
FUCK GOLF!

I hate those guys.

Bosda, you’re in the Pit, man.

Unless you have fur, four paws and a cold nose, 'fraid I’m gonna hafta put you to sleep.

I was born in the great state of North Dakota. Love North Dakota. I could go on and on with all the reasons, but, hey I love North Dakota.

Now Montana, I don’t trust.