Will Trump call The Pope "A Loser"?

OK, fair enough. New border rules: anyone gets to walk into the United States during normal business hours, but no shorts. Good?

Can millions settle in that city and receive state benefits?

I don’t know, but I didn’t make the initial irrelevant comparison.

Tucker Carlson

And a Pope is always vulnerable on that point.

That’s the plan. Get hated to drop the numbers to avoid the nomination, then peddle new book about how the GOP smeared him.

To anyone with more than half a brain, it’s obvious the Pope was speaking figuratively. Christians build bridges, not walls. And not a wall between the US and Mexico, but a wall between Americans and Hispanics or between Muslims and non-Muslims.

What a wondrous occasion that I meet someone whose loins react in a fashion so reminiscent of mine own!

Well technically the walls Pope Leo IV ordered built weren’t the “original Vatican City walls”, they were built around a significantly larger part of Rome on the Vatican Hill that was not within by the original Aurelian wall, called afterwards the Leonine City. Vatican City as a distinct entity dates to the 1929 Lateran Treaty.

But yeah, TPM reminded me of this factoid :slight_smile:

“See this pontoon over the Tiber? I built it with me own 'ands I did. But do they call me Francis the Chief Bridge Builder? Oh wait, they do. Nevermind…”

Would that they be as effective in keeping the Pope in!

Just think if Trump had said, “Ass”.

Excuse me. I need to go pack my bags for HELL! :smiley:

:smiley:
Plus, the percentage of the population who is of white/European ancestry is higher in Argentina than the US. That can only mean one thing: most of them are already in this country!

We should deport them to an island. Some place where they can take over and live and not cause trouble. Maybe the Falklands, they’d hate to live there.

What’s worse is that the Democrap government will tell you that there are up to 2 Popes living in the Holy See. Yet what they don’t tell you about all the undocumented Popes. There are almost 12 Popes per square mile of the Vatican! Or 4.5 if you’re [del]from another country[/del] a potential MexiCommie terrorist.

It’s old news, but speaking of Trump and the Pope…this is supposedly what Trump Tweeted when Francis first took office:
“The new Pope is a humble man, very much like me, which probably explains why I like him so much!”
It sounds a little Oniony.

Will Trump call The Pope “A Loser”?

Hard to do that, when the Pope has won one more election than Trump.

So Trumpy calls out Cruz:

And then counters Frankie Pope with:

Stil not a politician, but probably christian. :rolleyes:

Jerrry Falwell, Jr. weighed in on Pope v. Trump:

Oh, the irony!

Never will be one to apologize for Trump, but re: his initial comment, he could have used a lot worse words. I can see how one could contend that a religious leader’s comments on political campaigns “lacked grace.”

Yes, surely this will be the thing that derails the Trump campaign! And I might actually believe it if it hadn’t been said every other day about whatever stunt Trump most recently pulled.

My take was that by Trumpish standards his tweet showed more finesse and humor than most of his bombast to date.

Yes, it was heavy on metaphor and light on facts, while still being superficially true-ish. Political speech is always that way.

IMO, our boy is learning how to play this game. Unfortunately.
Side Q: Were Trump to be elected, would he be the most hair-challenged president in history? Other than Ike of course who was stone bald. I think Trump might indeed be the Greatest at that. Note I’m talking about failure of functioning follicles, not grandiosity of comb-over or toupee.

Not sure I understand your last sentence. In terms of failing follicles as you say there are any number of baldies that have him beat. (J.Q. Adams, anyone?) The uniqueness of Trump isn’t that he’s losing his hair, it’s the “grandiosity” of his comb-over.

Well, there goes the entire Republican field.