Witnessing on Google; film yesterday morning.

Crap. I can’t get a direct link to work, but the thread “The Truth on Xinoehpoel” here backs up abuse angel’s claim that it’s just another troll.

“Wait 7 days, and then maybe I’ll answer this post. You see, I am going away in seven days, and you will not hear from me again.”

This was posted 9/4/01. Very Specifically Creepy. But otherwise, not coherent (how can he answer the post in seven days if they’re not going to hear from him after that time?

Still not clear on whether this person’s been arrested.

Does anyone know whatever happened with this ?

I cant seem to find anything on the net and I never heard another word. Here area few links that I did find.

http://aftermath.dyndns.org/usa/arrest.htm

http://www.ptt.yu/korisnici/n/p/npintaric/sep11.htm

The latter link contains another link to the original message (which I believe has since been removed by google).

A search on Snopes turned up nothing. Based on the lack of information, I’m inclined to think this was not for real, but then again…???

Links are acting funny. Here’s the page in question:

http://www.jausoft.com/20010911-wtc/xinoehpoel-1.html

I’m not making any claims about the veracity of this, but for an alleged “interview” with our man X, click here.

If that is a real interview, rearrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying:

Mad. Fucking. Barking.

I don’t think anyone has anything to be spooked about - give enough computers to enough people, and I reckon you’ll get a vague prediction of everything that ever happens.

I can, for the live of me, not understand why people give this guy this much attention. It is very clear to me that his posts only started to relate to 9/11 after the event.

If you read his posts with no knowledge of the cataclismic events, you would clearly see that this guy is just a fucking idiot with a grudge against his fellow-posters. It has as much relevance as a sack of dead fish !! After the event people started replying to him as if he had had a premonition which he eagerly accepted to get some more attention.

I would find it really sad if the FBI arrested this guy for just being a total idiot. If they did, I hope they scared the shit out of him, but I think they have more important things to do.

By the way, this guy xinoehpeol stole this so-called prediction from a well-known hack, called Sollog. This guy made the original prediction which has something to do with the fact that Princess Diana died in a carcrash in France so that has something to do with Napoleon, etc. etc.

These guys are just fucking, cracksmoking bullshitters, who get high on people paying attention to their vague rambling.

Uh, folks, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but I think we may be forgetting the obvious, to wit, Top-secret terrorists plotting against world superpowers don’t usually post their secret terror plans in advance on public fora.

My god, a voice of reason.

That’s exactly the point Matt.

A group of terrorists that have been training to attack us would not go on-line, especially to that group and then start posting about what they were doing. Hell, they’ve already proven that a good portion of those involved weren’t even aware of what was planned. The few that did were to dedicated and too well trained to

ACT LIKE A 13 YEAR OLD GIT.

That link circulated around a group of my friends, we found it really amusing. Along with that guy who made the first prediction.

“Terrorists get a bad rap?”

:confused:

What exactly does witnessing mean?

I see it as part of the board description:

Great Debates
For long-running discussions of the great questions of our time. This is also the place for religious debates and (if you feel you must) witnessing.

I guess I always thought it had some religious connotation but now I am not sure.

someone please set my ignorance straight.

Thanks!

I’m sure someone will beat me to this, but what the hell…

From Merriam-Webster:

And there was also a classic thread called “Witness”, but the great search monkey isn’t being very helpful.

ok, it is what I was thinking. I wasn’t sure if it had a new meaning on the internet.

wow! there’s a great search monkey?!
I guess my spot in the Straight Dope afterlife is secure.
72 virgin bananas upon my demise.

woohoo.