World Series' predictions

Not sure about the ex-cub factor you are alluding to. I am not counting the chickens but I am just predicting how many will hatch. Unless someone gets hungry there should be the proper number of wins to accomplish the goal.

Jeffery

Whichever team has the most ex-Cubs is destined to come up short in it’s World Series quest. Soxfan has a pretty obvious anti-Cub vein running through his system. Just let it go and harken back to the days of Tinker to Evers to Chance and you’ll get through the hard times.

I got a lot of energy ready to be wasted on somebody - Mookie Wilson

Blue Jays in 4 games next year.

Your laughing may begin … wait for it … now.

We do not want no stinkin’ Canadians in our World Series. What do you think this is a World Series? Nobody but 'Mericans. That’s what I say.

Jeffery

I know that Maddux used to be a cub, luckly he went to a good team. What other ex-cubs are there on the Braves?

Jeffery

p.s. Of course the NL team is more likely to have more Cubs since I think most players do not switch NL to AL or vice versa that much.

Pitcher Terry Mulholland and shortstop Jose Hernandez both played for the Cubs, bringing the Braves’ Ex-Cub Factor to 3. The Yankees have a factor of 1 (catcher Joe Girardi), while the Red Sox have a factor of 2 (pitchers Rod Beck and Rich Garces). Couple that with The Curse, and there’s no way the Red Sox are gonna pull the same shit with the Yanks as they did with the Tribe.

If there’s one thing you can count on the with the fucking Yankees, it’s that they’ll beat pretty much anybody pretty much all the time - especially in the post-season.
Scotty Brosius WTF??!! What’s this guy on?

Yanks over Braves in 7.

Z

“Diplomacy is the art of saying “nice doggy” until you can find a rock.”

• Will Rogers

There is no way that the Yanks are going to beat the Braves.

What are you smoking?

Jeffery

A big-ol’ illegal Romeo & Julietta El Presidente Edition cigar. About 5 Yankee wins from now.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

So if and when the Yanks beat the Braves twice you are going to smoke a cigar? Or are you ignoring the Red Socks altogether? In which case it would only be 4 wins from now.

I am confused.

Jeffery

Yea, I figure that after we dispense with the Sox and go up 2-0 on the Braves (in Atlanta, unless the Mets become Miraculous, in which case we’ll do it at Shea), I’ll fire that baby up. Another one when we win, and a third for the ticker-tape parade.

:::Note to self: remember to get east of Broadway before 7:30 am on parade day:::

And of course by “do it at Shea” I mean go up 2-0, not go up 2-0 on the Braves.

You must be dreaming Manhattan about the Yanks going up 2-0 on the Braves. That cigar must have something more illegal than Cuban tobacco.

Jeffery

StrTrkr777:

Jim Leyritz.

Sorry, StrTrkr777, I missed your post last night.

You know, what with me being up at the Stadium and all.

Anyhoo, the Braves have some kick-ass pitching, no doubt about it. But the Yanks are relentless. The run up pitch counts and chase starters out even when they’ve only given up a few hits.

Then we get to see the middle relievers. Which is always fun.

So that’s how we can go up 2-0. Perhaps you’ll see us give a demonstration up in Beantown this weekend.

manhattan: You were at the game, huh? Braves fans don’t seem to want to attend games. I mean, you can understand it, what with their legacy of October failures…

Go Yanks!!

Whichever team has the most ex-Cubs is destined to come up short in it’s World Series quest. Soxfan has a pretty obvious anti-Cub vein running through his system. Just let it go and harken back to the days of Tinker to Evers to Chance and you’ll get through the hard times.>>>

You are wrong, Mr. Mullinator, about an anti-Cub vein running through my system. Rather, it permeates every cell of my body. I object to an organization that has the financial ability to compete on the same level as the Yankees and the Braves, but chooses to palm off an antiquated ball park and a triple A team as the ultimate baseball experience, and whose fan base feels holds itself out as morally superior because they have endured all of this “losing” and because of “tradition” and “loyalty.” Baloney! Harken back to 1908? That was before the Titanic was built. Before the Russian Revolution. The history of the White Sox may be littered with all sorts of disaster, but they are at least competitive more often than not, and have been to the World Series in my lifetime.

Of course the NL team is more likely to have more Cubs since I think most players do not switch NL to AL or vice versa that much.>>
Jeffery

Eh? Been following baseball lately? The only reason there are more ex-Cubs on the Braves is the late season trade the Cubs and Braves accomplished. But guys switch leagues all the time, particularly in this era of big-bucks free agency.

SoxFan59
“Its fiction, but all the facts are true!”

Did anyone see the eight inning between Yankees/Sox? The Yankees are winning on pure luck! And let’s not forget they stole Babe Ruth all these many years ago. Is it any wonder that the Yankees have Satan on their side?

Jacques Kilchoer
Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains.

Unresolved issues with a parental Cubs fan or something Soxfan? I don’t like the Sox, but there are a couple of reasone I don’t feel the need to run them down continually. I don’t live in Chicago, and the White Sox register so low on the national radar that it seems pointless to get overly worked up about them.

We do not attend games for several reasons.

1. In the post season this year we are kicking butt as we do in the regular season, nothing new, why pay big bucks just to see them do the same.

2. No parking. There were people that bought tickets and could not find a parking place.

3. Too hard to get to downtown from the suburbs.

4. Why would we want to pay to watch those weak butt Mets?

This is the year.

You will see my friends.

Jeffery

Unresolved issues with a parental Cubs fan or something Soxfan? I don’t like the Sox, but there are a couple of reasone I don’t feel the need to run them down continually. I don’t live in Chicago, and the White Sox register so low on the national radar that it seems pointless to get overly worked up about them. >>>> Mullinator

Not my parents, my friend. I’m carrying on the grand tradition. I grew up in Chicago, and I find it irritating that ever since I was a lad (which takes me back quite a way), it seems like the Cubs get much more play in both the national and local radar, even when the Sox have the superior product (which has historically been often, as I pointed out in numerous other threads).

And as for Cub fans who self-righteously feel that they need not “run the Sox down,” you should have heard the sports call in shows locally after this year’s interleague games.

I admit my vendetta goes to far sometimes. I find myself making snap judgments about people when I find out their Cubs fans. Its not fair, I know. And if my ranting has offended you, I apologize. The Sox have been the “ugly sister” in Chicago as long as I’ve been alive. I guess we’ll have to win the pennant first, and then we’ll have those bragging rights.

I will, for better or worse, always root for two teams, the White Sox, and whoever plays the Cubs.

SoxFan59
“Its fiction, but all the facts are true!”