World Series' predictions

Jacques Raymond Kilchoer enviously spewed:

{quote]Did anyone see the eight inning between Yankees/Sox? The Yankees are winning on pure luck!
[/quote]

Really? Last I checked the ability to field was considered a good thing.

I also understand that when a man is in scoring position, getting a hit is helpful to one’s cause.

Now, assuming this is the case, how come the Red Sox inability to do either of these things constitutes “luck”?

Oh I get it - as in, “We’re sure lucky Boston forgot how to field and hit in the clutch”!

{quote]And let’s not forget they stole Babe Ruth all these many years ago.
[/quote]

Actually, the word is “bought.” You see the Red Sox, in a move that would foreshadow all following exectutive decisions by the Fenway folks, decided that a hundred thousand dollars or so was a good deal for a person who was the best hitter and pitcher in the game at the time.

But look at the bright side. Part of the money was used for financing of “No, No Nanette,” a broadway play.

No, no, I’m not making this up.

Don’t ask me, I was rooting for Astros and Rangers.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Braves vs. Yankees. Are you ready? Braves in 6 or maybe 7.

Jeffery

Six or seven years, maybe…

Go Yanks!

Sure, Satan, the Braves will likely beat the Yanks for the next 6 or 7 years. If the Yanks can continue to make it into the series.

Jeffery

I still picked the Yankees from the start, even if the Mets didn’t make it for the NL.

By the way, Jeff, if it weren’t for catching the Tribe flat footed, the Braves would be known as the “Buffalo Bills” of baseball. The Yanks have a much more consistent series record over their last few appearances.

The AL will assert its usual superiority in this series.

SoxFan59
“Its fiction, but all the facts are true!”

The AL? As in the Junior circuit (or is that Junior League)? When are they gonna start playing baseball over there? Make your pitchers bat (and your managers think), like baseball was meant to be played.

Hey, the Yankees are a good ball club (so were the Mets, for that matter). But this edition of the Braves has something seldom seen in professional sports these days - real heart. Like I said before, Braves over Yanks in 7.

An aside - best banner seen at Turner Field last night: “John Rocker for NY Senate!”.

Now, Satan, you can make your “rip Atlanta’s heart out” retort:P

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

SoxFan, I am sure the Yankees seem like a really good team compared to your Sox team, but compared to the Braves, no contest. 2 of 3 in the regular season, and 4 of 7 in the Series.

Rocker was in a car accident and totaled his car on Monday and was still pitching in the 90s on Tuesday night. Tell me the Yanks have guys with heart like that.

Jeffery

Jeff, just remember that it took a former member of the White Sox to get the hit the Braves needed when they needed it most.

Heart? The Wizard of Oz and Gwen Verdon combined couldn’t give the Braves enough heart to overcome the Yankees.

It will be close, but the Yanks will prevail in 7 games.

(Dark stage lighting and creepy music to cue Satan . . . .

SoxFan59

All I can say is that I’m glad I’m on the West Coast, where the games end before frickin’ 1 A.M!!

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Heart? You’re debating heart?

Okay, how about:

JOE TORRE overcoming prostate cancer.

DON ZIMMER overcoming varuous ailments this year.

Coaches set the tone for players, who also overcame stuff like:

SCOTT BROSIUS who had to deal with the death of his father, as it lingered over him and his family for months before he finally passed away a couple of months ago.

DARRYL STRAWBERRY and his problems. Yes, you could say they were self-inflicted, but John Rocker driving 100 MPH was not?

And the whole team had to deal with perceptions that this team was failing, simply because NOBODY could live up to the 125 win juggernaut of last year (the best team EVER, by the way)!

Yanks in six.

I hope Atlanta wins in 7; otherwise His Infernal Majesty will become unbearable.

Unbearable? Little ol’ me?!?!?

Nah… I’ll make one post about how we’re team of the year, century, decade and how last year’s team was the team of all-time, in a large font no doubt, and it’ll go away…

Hey Satan:

A sportswriter for the Chicago Tribune, Bernie Lincicome, made this statement this morning about the issue of who is the team of the 90s:

"As New York’s GM Brian Cashman said, and he is barely old enough to remember Whitey Ford, “Aren’t we the team of the century?” Of course they are. The Yankees being known as the TEam of any Decade is the same as, oh, Albert Einstein leading his resume with “Scientist of the Week.”

SoxFan59

Did anyone see Conan O’Brien last night?

He dressed up some guy as John Rocker, and had him go around flipping the bird to various New Yorkers. It was absolutely hilarious.

Bead - That Conan bit was totally unimaginative and unnecessary. I mean, Rocker would have come to NY and done that in person - probably for free. :wink:

That boy’s got attitude to burn.

Well Satan, we have had our share of problems this year. Gallaraga (sp) being diagnosed with cancer and has been at many of the later games. Lopez being injured. Guys playing above their norm, just to make up.

Besides, I do not believe the Rocker was driving 100 MPH, he was heading up one of the interstates and someone started into his lane and in trying to avoid them, ended up hitting a truck. I heard (from my wife who saw it on TV) that his car was messed up pretty bad.

However, since the Yanks have obviously sold their souls to Satan, maybe the Braves do not have a chance.

Nah, they will take the Yanks this time.

Jeffery

Braves in six, but only because I want someone else to win this time.

Been quiet in here this weekend.

SoxFan59

I ain’t saying anything until we glove the final out of our fourth victory… Braves fans looked REAL STUPID when they started comparing their '96 team to the '27 Yanks, and I ain’t falling for that trap!

GO YANKS!