Worst moderation on the net

I thought the pyramids were built to store grain.

Actually, it would be interesting to see what Cecil might say, since his responses to other questions have included gems like “If ignorance were cornflakes, you’d be General Mills,” and “I’m going to explain this as well as I can, given the limits of my space and your attention span.”

Maybe the OP should consider running for President.

Cecil can get away with all the insults and put-downs us peons can only wish to heap upon the OP.

Then there’s the beautiful reply from one of the first books, if not THE first book:

Cecil’s reply: " No, for the same reason you can’t park a Cadillac in a closet ".

Face it, the man has a way with words.

Don’t hold your breath.

Hijacking, I think this board could teach us some things about rhetoric, the study of the effective use of language, as well as logic broadly defined, the study of valid inference.

Also, I’ll quote from the OP’s first post in the December 2014 thread on pyramids, to give us an idea of his style of argument. I’ll add emphasis:

I hadn’t seen that article before. Thanks, Cartooniverse.

When I saw the thread last night, I was like “You have got to be kidding me.” Thanks to the GQ moderator for closing it.

Poor advice, IMO.

Okay, that thread needed to be closed. I will say this though, I don’t think moderators should be snarky when they got their mod hat on.

I mean, if they are just participating in a thread, then fine, snark away. But if you’re taking moderator action, be professional.

Oops. I posted this in the wrong thread. NM.:o

Yeah, I was wondering about that, I see how one can get confused, one thread was about controversial history from the middle east, this thread is about the same but with soda water. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Dope.

Jonathan, my man, you’re under simultaneous attack from the left, from the right, and from the outer fringe. That’s the trifecta of moderation. You must be doing something right. I’m going to nominate for the Moderation Hall of Fame. :smiley:

And who is going to monitor this Hall?

If you’re keeping up, I’m protecting the Jews while also being a Stormfront guy. I’m also protecting the Muslims AND harkening back I’m a radical conservative.

I’m losing myself in all this. Agh!

Agree 100%.

1. The moderation here isn’t perfect

2. Anyone who thinks this is the worse on the net never belonged to a Yuku group. The whole system basically died from poor moderation across their boards.

3. I should insert a hello here but I’m just not feeling it right now.

You mean he doesn’t? :confused:

Last word. It was done with ramps.