Worst Principal Ever

Wait, can we hear more about those exploding boobs?

Sounds messy.

Only if you touch them, though: they’re booby-trapped.

Who do you think she is? Some kind of undercover agent with the Anti-Principal League?

My wife is in the same predicament as the OP, I sincerely empathise with your plight.

I misunderstood. I was under the assumption that this was a forum fair venting. I vented. Now I’m accused of writing poorly, being uneducated ( I’ve got a Masters, but I suppose, since I vented, that degree is meaningless). I have no relationship with the principal, do not hate men, am not in junior high school, nor any of the other ridiculous assumptions. As far as the exploding boobs… Fact: the country is getting fatter by the minutes. Young ladies who put on weight, gain it all over, including their breasts. If you’ve been anywhere near teenagers lately, you’ll have noticed the tank tops, with skinny straps. Put a girl who is 25+ pounds overweight into a tank top, and her boobs will have a hard time being confined.
Snark all you like.

You think high school girls alone have this problem? You’re completely right that this whole thing is an epidemic. Everywhere you look there are bulging boobies that can’t be contained.

Countries divided by a common language. You talk about bulging boobies, we’d say great tits.

Welcome to the Pit!

I feel for you, but you’ve got to be thick-skinned in here. It can be brutal.

I dunno, but

1. Most people don’t start their Straight Dope careers by creating Pit threads right out of the box. This is unusual and always pings my sock-o-meter.
  2. Most 23-year teachers can write coherent sentences that are not riddled with typos and spelling errors.

Sure, I could be wrong, and **Tibagirl **really is a veteran educator in at least her mid-forties. She doesn’t write like one, as far as I can tell. I would just expect better of such a person.

It is, but understand that it’s also a forum for attacking and insulting one another, which we don’t get to do in the other forums. A lot of it is in fun, some of it is not, but it’s not a place for the thin-skinned.

Most teachers with any kind of brains don’t put fire-able material out on the intrawebs.

Although I do sympathize a bit. Bad administrators can be soul-killing. Luckily I work in a district with a fairly strong and fairly sane union, which keeps the excesses by the odd Evil Ones to a minimum.

One of the few people I have zero respect for is a former High School principal. I believe she actually went out of the way to make life miserable for some of the staff and students. She killed after school programs, threatened to cancel prom one year, and ended a school assembly half way through because she didn’t think a dance the cheerleaders were doing was appropriate (darn Elvis and those provocative hips of his!) I have a greater list, but that’s for another time. She looked like she could have been the Grinch’s sister. The most ironic part is that her first name was . . . one that generated feeling of happiness, love, and pretty flowers. I always wondered how she picked her career.

The worst principal EVER? You, friend, have had a very fortunate 20-something years as a teacher if that’s truly your experience.

Boobs aren’t much fun after they’ve exploded. Or deflated, for that matter.

I have some 13 years of my own experience in the public school system in the US, and both my children went through the same, so that’s the limit of my experience, but based on this, here’s what happens.

A kid in high school is a pretty good ballplayer, so goes to college on an athletic scholarship. He has to take classes, but because he’s busy playing sports, he can’t take hard ones, so ends up with a lot of ones called things like kinesthesiology, but lets be realistic, he majors in jumping jacks.

He’s not good enough to go pro after graduation, but needs a job, so takes one as a gym teacher. The last thing he is is an educator, and he actively resents the students in his charge, so the first chance he gets goes into administration.

The members of the school board, impressed by the modicum of success he has had playing college ball, rapidly promote him to principal, where he spends the rest of his career dumbing down the curriculum, and blaming low test scores on the teachers.

So, the fact is, he’s probably not the worst principal ever, he’s merely run-of-the-mill. That’s not a good thing, but there it is.

I think this guy sounds like a very effective principal. If he could teach these methods to other principals we could make a dent in our enormous illiteracy problem. I’m sure the girls with boobs exploding out of their tops will be a major selling point.

Now what about your art program? Are your students all getting 4.0s? Why not, if you are any good at teaching art, those kids should be Picasso’s by now. Or at least Pollock’s.

And if your boobs were exploding out of your top, he might make more eye contact. Well with your other eyes anyway.

You skipped a step: the person inherently considers teaching to be a low-status/inferior sort of profession and assumes anyone who remains in the classroom lacks ambition and/or ability.

In actuality, most of the principals I’ve worked under or with have been competent. The spectacular trainwrecks have all been perpetual assistant principals: the peter principle really shows itself there.

[Paris Hilton] That’s hot. [/PH]

I really should go back to school.

If your principal knows what you are doing on the Internet in your spare time, he is either breaking several laws or you are really, really stupid.