Would it be acceptable to do a "Fuck, Marry, Kill" Thread Game?

Which rule? I know you are not supposed to wish death on posters. You can certainly find many instances of people seriously wishing offboard people would die. Just page thru a few covid threads. Is that different from jokingly saying you would kill someone in a thread game?

Needs a better sound to it. “Shag, Shack Up, Shun.” Need a single word for shack up. Maybe we can have a thread game of people posting acceptable words for the game rather than playing the game.

Ok, try this one on:

• Someone you would have consensual intercourse with
  • Someone you wouldn’t mind carrying in their casket
  • Someone you would wed

We’ll call it Peter, Pall, and marry

mmm

That is VERY BAD !

I’ve heard “Snog, Marry, Avoid”
(Where snog is slang for kiss in the uk.)

Need a better word than Shag, too. All I can see is Austin Powers. Yuck.

Would it be acceptable to do a thread, restricted to Fictional Characters?

I don’t have that association because I was smart enough to avoid those movies. :grinning: I just have memories of it from my time spent in England.

At the rate we are going, we will need a game thread just to come up with a title that most people can agree on.

As punishment, you aren’t going to be allowed to play after that remark, no matter what title is used. Sorry 'bout that, but them’s the rules.

Good one! That should move to the top.

Copulate, conjugate, cancel

Chill (with), Care (for), Cancel.

Cancel is an excellent hard K sound alternate for kill. Kiss, Cuddle, Cancel.

I think cuddle has to go. I think cuddle is closer to kiss than to marriage. You can cuddle a one night stand, a FWB, a baby or a dog.

It’s the weakest of the three by a mile, for sure. Nothing better jumps to mind yet.

For that matter, Kiss is okay but not nearly as good as Cancel, which just seems perfect to me.

Then again, the original game has you choose between sex, intimacy or violence. Kiss, Cuddle and Cancel could all be argued to be kid-friendly versions of those.

EDIT: Maybe Crush instead of Cuddle, as in pick which one will have a crush on you. It doesn’t follow the pattern – the target does the action instead of it being done to them – so still not perfect, but not terrible.

EDIT 2: On second thought, “pick which one you have to have a crush on” feels like it would work fine. So maybe…

Kiss, Crush on, Cancel

Meh. I don’t know that that’s any better.

EDIT 3: Hug, Hang out, H…? (talk to the Hand?)

How the hell did @mordecaiB reply to @Mangetout before he posted ?!?!
I blame Putin.

Damn! I time travel for years with nobody noticing and then screw it up with a post on a message board. In my time, we are still blaming Obama. Or Hillary.

You’d think this would be easier, what with having a kazillion words to work with.