Would You Mod The Dope?

I’d do any of the more subjective forums, like Cafe, IMHO, MPSIMS, and maybe even the pit. Takes a lot to ruffle my scales.

One thing, though: Do I have to buy my own jack boots?

You have to buy the whole outfit - matching mod hat, underoos, and jack boots. And that’s ALL you’re allowed to wear while moderating. :smiley:

Yeah, I feel the same way.

I could mod one of the places I hang out regularly, like CS, GQ or GD, because I think I know the forum cultures well enough. Be tough, though. I also hang out in BBQ but wouldn’t want to mod with the current rules there, and I don’t think I could mod a forum I didn’t hang out in lots, like the Answers forums or MPSIMS

I would make manhattan my model.

I’ve taught children as young as five, I’ve been a manager, and I’ve been a not-particularly-reticent Republican thru three Presidental elections. I think my hide would be thick enough, if I had the time.

Besides, Marley23 can do it - how hard could it be?

:wink:

Regards,
Shodan

I’m not going to vote in the poll because I don’t want to choose between the two forums I moderate, but I have to say, no fair offering unlimited money and free time when we don’t have those things!

Unless you’ve moderated at the Straight Dope, you have no idea how hard it is to find flame-retardant underoos.

That doesn’t really mean anything. I keep meaning to ask TubaDiva when I applied, because I think they kept me waiting for two-plus years. We don’t really look at applications unless there’s an opening, so sometimes applicatants don’t get a response for a long time.

I don’t know about that - there are times I’ve made this job look pretty hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Surprise surprise, no-one has picked ATMB yet.

Yeah I would do it, but only if I could do it “old school”.

There are so many rules lawyers around here, I think certain places would benefit from a harsher, Manhattan style, like it or lump form of moderation.

Mod: You are being a jerk, shut the fuck up
Whiny ass: No I am not, because you didn’t warn whiny ass #2 in this other thread…
Mod: DID I NOT SAY SHUT THE FUCK UP? WHEN I SAY IT YOU SHUT IT, GOT IT?

I wouldn’t be popular. I could live with that. (not that it will ever happen:))

Actually, Bricker, I think you’d make a pretty good mod. Can’t say I’ve ever seen you display a hair trigger temper, you’ve got a thick skin, you have a sense of humor, and I have seen you display considerable patience while dealing with controversy here.

:frowning: Whoops- mea culpa. I honestly didn’t think anyone would WANT to moderate that part of the board as it’s probably so quiet in there (I have no idea since I don’t really read it that much).

Amusing though that would get more votes than ATMB… I feel for the poor bastiches that are REALLY stuck in there right now then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well then I’m already 2/3 there… I just need to decide what kind of undroos.

I’m sure you’re riffing off of Samuel L. Jackson a la Pulp Fiction. That would be my model the next time around. I’d confront a poster by saying—

Moderator. Do you understand English
poster What?
Moderator English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?
posterYes, yes.
ModeratorThen you know what I’m sayin’?
poster yes.
ModeratorWhy are you acting like a jerk?
poster What?
Moderator Say ‘what’ again. Say ‘what’ again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say ‘what’ one more Goddamn time!

Heh… now I’m just thinking to myself:
Mod: “Does Ed Zotti LOOK like a bitch?”
Poster: “What?”
Mod: SUSPENDED!

Take it from One Who Knows-go for the boxer briefs.

So…you’re just wearing a hat and boots? Yeehaw!

Just for you.
[no parse]http://www.topdrawers.com/underwear/joe-snyder/joe-snyder-rainbow-boxer-brief.html[/no parse]

Ready the brain bleach and eyeball hooks.
NSFW or anywhere else.

Yes, I’d definitely do it.

I’ve been on the dope since '97 or '98(AOL days). I think I could handle it.

So many brave souls, and not one of you wants to moderate ATMB?
I wonder why?

We’re brave, not insane. I’d do it only if allowed to make Manhattan look like a candy ass, and that prolly wouldn’t fly now.
:cool:

Well, I know what MY husband is getting for HIS birthday! :D:D:D Although the pleather backless bikini also looks interesting.