Would You Mod The Dope?

Eh, I’d mod ATMB, but it would be my second choice after the Game room, I think the poll only let me pick one though.

I’ve been asked to mod on virtually every bb i’ve been a part of, and never accepted once yet. Imho, it takes a hobby and changes it into a job.

Yippee Ki-yay, muthafuckas!

Well, it has the advantage that I help Cecil out all the time, and it’s the only forum I always read when I’m on, and it’s very slow, as you put it, so it wouldn’t require hardly any time.

Like Marley, I didn’t vote because I’m currently modding two forums and wouldn’t want to have to pick between the two of them.

And, BTW, the choice of headgear is up to the mod – I wear a mod tiara.

The Underoos are standard issue, though

I’ve met a lot of Mods over the years, and I can tell you that I’m not nearly sexy enough to be a mod. Plus I don’t own the “special underwear”.

I’d do it as long as I got to stay out of GD. In general I’d probably to pretty lax as a mod since not much bothers me as I read the board so I doubt I’d find many warnings to give. Getting rid of spammers would be the worst part of the job.

If nothing else people might remember me.

MOD HAT ON
“Normally, both your asses would be dead as fucking fried chicken, but you happen to pull this shit while I’m in a transitional period so I don’t wanna ban you, I wanna help you. But I can’t let you off in this case, it ain’t my choice. Besides, I’ve already been through too much shit this morning over this thread to not hand over a warning to your dumb ass”
MOD HAT OFF

Never, I would not stop a perfectly good discussion for no reason or think I had psychic powers to see the OP offended and act on that. I would never police a discussion. If there was a complaint, I would not act on it just because it was a complaint, and can/could say the complainer was wrong instead of the poster. Might do that a lot. All discussions half way civil would be allowed, and I would be asked to leave.

Sexy is in the mind of the beholder. I met you(although you probably don’t remember me) at the Halloween Dopefest in Columbus quite a while ago. No one knew who you were, in your costume which was linked to your screen name. Once it became apparent who you were, you were the hit of the hour. You were plenty sexy to all those doper friends from the board. Quite a few.

You mean it isn’t now?

Just to join the mod chorus, I didn’t respond to the poll because I mod two forums and used to mod a third, and I wouldn’t want to pick. But 98% of the time I really do enjoy this gig. Really, there’s only one forum here that I just plain flat-out wouldn’t want to moderate. My skin is fairly thick and I’m reasonably calm, but there’s no way I could mod the Pit.

Sometimes they’ll offer you used jackboots from a “retired” mod. Trust me. You don’t want them. Buy new ones.

Which, of course, reminds me of the absolute best moderator response of all time (and, yes, it was manhattan):

Um, I might actually have one for you.

So write me already.

Where did you apply?

Everyone that writes me and asks for an application gets one, so if you don’t have one something must have happened that I didn’t receive your email.

So write me again please.

I’m one of two mods in a little “Life n Romance” advice forum, only about 30 active members. That is ENOUGH work, I can’t imagine modding any part of the Dope.

Besides, dontcha have to be, I dunno, smart? :smiley:

I wouldn’t want to mod any board because you really need either to be unemployed or to have a non-demanding job in order to have the free time to do it Maybe if I was retired or on disability.

I was going to be a mod here, but then they found out my parents were married before I was born.
j/k :stuck_out_tongue:

My daughter is currently a mod on a small board, whose members are in an ongoing flame war over who-knows-what.

No, thanks.

That’s precisely why I’d want them. I don’t think I’ve seen any moderator action in those forums. The only thing I’ve seen done is post a link, and one of us usually comes along and does that anyways.

See, I’d do very little work, but get to feel like a big shot. What’s not to love? :smiley:

See since I have no problem with two or more consenting adults grappling in the throes of a verbal cagefight, moderation would be mostly hands off, until the match was over or the thread immolated.