Would you sell me your Soul?

[QUOTE=Priceguy]
You can DO that?

But seriously, I’ve never received money by PayPal and I won’t take a check. Can you make a direct deposit to my bank account if I supply all the information needed to deposit from abroad?
[/QUOTE]

Well, technically, no. I couldn’t do that right now. But I have a sneaking suspicion that if this whole, uh, theoretical exercise goes well, then I’ll be able to pull that off, nonetheless.

And yes, I can arrrange to make the deposit directly to your checking/savings.

Sure, whatcha offering? $100 plus shipping and handling?

[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Well, technically, no. I couldn’t do that right now. But I have a sneaking suspicion that if this whole, uh, theoretical exercise goes well, then I’ll be able to pull that off, nonetheless.

And yes, I can arrrange to make the deposit directly to your checking/savings.
[/QUOTE]
Well then, $100 should cover the hassle nicely.

[QUOTE=ShibbOleth]
Can we get a good baseline price on a soul to establish the market? What are they going for on eBay?
[/QUOTE]

It’s really hard to set a baseline price on a soul. I mean, there’s market fluctuations, resale value can decline over time, your age and lifestyle figure into it, and (let’s face it) there’s really not that much demand right now. Plus, what do you think you’re going to do? Shop my offer around? I’m the only game in town, man. Um. In a manner of speaking.

I want a grand for mine.

[QUOTE=Bobotheoptimist]
Sure, whatcha offering? $100 plus shipping and handling?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am prepared to offer $100.

It seems we have established a baseline price after all. That certainly resolved itself nicely.

[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Yes, I am prepared to offer $100.

It seems we have established a baseline price after all. That certainly resolved itself nicely.
[/QUOTE]
Hey, 18 months ago you could have had mine for $10, but these days not having to fill out forms is more important to me than making $10.

So, should I email you my particulars?

[QUOTE=Eleusis]
I want a grand for mine.
[/QUOTE]

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

If you’re looking for that kind of bread, you need to build value, man. I can buy ten souls for what you’re asking. This is really a volume-driven model I’m developing here, and like I said, I have to be ever mindful of my bottom line.

[QUOTE=Priceguy]
Hey, 18 months ago you could have had mine for $10, but these days not having to fill out forms is more important to me than making $10.

So, should I email you my particulars?
[/QUOTE]

Indeed. My email address is in my public profile. (Welcome Aboard!)

[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Like Vlad The Impaler-type credentials.
[/QUOTE]

what about his distant cousin ?

[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Indeed. My email address is in my public profile. (Welcome Aboard!)
[/QUOTE]
Wow. I was expecting the reply “Just checking the market” with optional “Don’t you recognize a joke when you see one?” attached.

May I ask what you’re getting out of this?

Fredric Brown wrote a great short story about this – the only good non-fantasy “Deal with the Devil” story I know of.
in the story, a confirmed atheist refuses to sell his soul. He doesn’t believe in his soul, or the devil, but refuses because it’s not the sort of thing he’d do. If it existed, the soul would be too valuable. His religious wife, however, eagerly sells her soul, because she doesn’t really think it’s possible or allowed to do so. As far as she can see, the buyer is deluding himself, so why shouldn’t she take the money?

It’s been anthologized, but I’m not sure where. possibly in “Carnival of Crime”.

You sold your soul to the devil?

<shrug> I wasn’t using it!

[/O Brother Where Art Thou]

You can get your very own Atheist’s Collector’s Edition SoulTM for three easy payments of just $39.95, plus shipping and tax. In return, you’ll get a Guaranteed Certificate of Authenticity, attesting to the value of your Collector’s Edition Soul. These Souls have gained as much three times their value! And there’s no reason to think they won’t continue to gain value in the years to come! And if you act now, I’ll throw in my Conscience as well – it tells you right from wrong, and nags the hell out of you when you do what you want to do instead of what you should do! But that’s not all! If you call before midnight tonight, I’ll include this elegant Code of Ethics, complete with loopholes and rich with situational morality! It’s all yours for three easy payments of just $39.95. Act now – this Atheist’s Collector’s Edition SoulTM won’t last long!

[QUOTE=Pixisis]
what about his distant cousin ?
[/QUOTE]

Well, I think that would make us kin. In other words: that’s acceptable.

Well Winston my e-mail address is in my profile, which is also my paypal address.
I’ll be waiting…

[QUOTE=Priceguy]
Wow. I was expecting the reply “Just checking the market” with optional “Don’t you recognize a joke when you see one?” attached.

May I ask what you’re getting out of this?
[/QUOTE]

Well, you know, this is still a theoretical exercise. But, when opportunity knocks, and so forth, ah… Well, there you go.

As an agnostic I might be interested in selling you an option on my soul, exercisable in the event that it goes unclaimed by anyone else at the time of my demise. What sort of terms would you offer me?

[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Well, you know, this is still a theoretical exercise.
[/QUOTE]
So there’s no money coming my way? What a ripoff.

[QUOTE=LurkMeister]
As an agnostic I might be interested in selling you an option on my soul, exercisable in the event that it goes unclaimed by anyone else at the time of my demise. What sort of terms would you offer me?
[/QUOTE]

Option? :: Snort ::

Trying to hedge your bets, are you? :dubious: