Xander plus Willow

Nothing against Anya or Tara; they’re both great girls and I hope the X-man and Will, respectively, have long, happy affairs with them, respectively.

But it seems obvious to me that in the fulness of time, Xander and Willow were meant to be together, and will be.

When did I realize this? Well, of course, it was during the episode “The Replacement,” when Xander did the Snoopy dance to prove to Willow he was really Xander.

Who’s with me on this? Who disagrees? Bring it on!

Ya know, when it comes to Buffy, I have more opinions than a sack of politicians with ADD. But I tend to shy away from the “shipper debates”. If I had to choose who Willow would end up with, I guess I’d go with Oz myself just 'cause they seemed so cute together. But I don’t feel too strongly about it.

Does anyone remember what that thing was when Xander and Willow were kissing a season or two back? They had that thing going while Willow was with Oz and Xander was with Cordelia, IIRC. They seemed to have great chemistry together.

Anyway, I love Anya. Hell, I think she might be my favourite character right now. I’d hate to see anything happen to her relationship with Xander. That whole speech he gave her about “you make me feel like a man” almost brought tears to my eyes. Almost. I never cry.

I was rooting for Willow and Xander when they had that attraction thing going, but now with Anya in the picture, I’m far more taken with that.

I agree with the OP.

I like the relationships they’re in now, but I get the feeling that as they get older, they’ll realize that they have something more.

Who cares about Willow and Xander?

What I want to know is: when are Spike and Buffy going to get down?

It is my dearest hope that the answer to that question is “Never”.

[sub]Yes, this is one of those things I have an opinion on.[/sub]

Tuesday, February 13th and Saturday, February 17th.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Crush
Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) rebuffs Spike (James Marsters) after he makes a declaration of love, driving him into the waiting arms of his former lover, Drusilla (guest star Juliet Landau).

I’ve always been intrigued by the idea of Buffy and Xander as a couple, but I would have to say no to it right now. Anya is such a great character that I would hate to lose her in favor of their hookup.

After “Family,” I think that it’s a fairly safe assumption that Willow and Tara are in it for a long haul.

Anya I’m not sure about… I keep on thinking that maybe she’ll get her powers back.

Not really…

It seemed like that - In season one when they were both single, and had obvious feelings for eachother.

It even seemed it was possible when Willow was with Oz and Xander with Cordelia. The feelings were still obvious.

Not any more. The hints that Willow and Xander have anything between them except for a long-term friendship are all gone. As Willow said: ‘Hello. Gay now!’

Thank you lola. I had read this myself yesterday but didn’t post it 'cause I figure some people might consider that a spoiler. No complaints from me though. And I couldn’t have stayed mad at you anyway. :wink:

[quote]
What I want to know is: when are Spike and Buffy going to get down?**

[english librarian voice]
Its okay, I have more scotch
[/english librarian voice]

(boy, I hpe some recognizes that, or it will be the non-sequitar of all time ).

Xander and Anya seem awfully happy. I mean, as happy to two fictional characters can be, and all. Given that one of them is an ex-demon, I mean.

[quote]
What I want to know is: when are Spike and Buffy going to get down?**

[english librarian voice]
Its okay, I have more scotch
[/english librarian voice]

(boy, I hpe some recognizes that, or it will be the non-sequitar of all time ).

I’m hoping that bizarre relationships will form, to keep us on our toes. Xander with Buffy’s mom, Tara and Giles, Spike and Willow, Buffy with some nebbish sophomore who wears a pocket protector and is a fundamentalist christian.

Ummm, that was from ‘Something Blue’ wasn’t it? When Willow’s spell made Buffy and Spike fall for each other? Giles was appalled and knocked over his bottle of Scotch whilst trying to drink it, because he couldn’t see very well.

I actually think the moment has passed for Xander and Willow. As for other relationships, so long as Buffy doesn’t get together with any other bland college boys I’ll be happy. I mean - come on, girl - you went from tall, dark, edgy, mysterious and beautiful to that?!

They need to change the format and the name of the show. I mean, think of it: Willow the Vampire Slayer’s Friend.

Has a nice ring to it, no?

Pete
Long time RGMWer and ardent AOLer

psiekier, my vote has always been for Willow and that blonde girl.
Charley, yep, that’s the one. I just love that line, and think of it whenever Buffy and Spike get too…non-antagonistic.