You are all acting like a bunch of panicky, cowardly fucks! I'm ashamed of the SDMB!

So bring it up with the people who voted him in. Btw his scare tactics wouldn’t work if these ingorant ass sheeple didn’t lap this bullshit up. Personally I put far more blame on the media.

I’m stocking up on Vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice. Can’t be too careful.

If my neighborhood is struck with a chemical warhead - not holding my breath, oh, wait - I plan to tape up an interior bathroom with one door and a couple vents and wait until I’m told it was a false alarm. I already have three rolls of duct tape for various domestic emergencies. I figure I’m prepared for about 50 real or simulated chemical attacks.

Well, I think we now know who’s water supply got hit first.

Heh, I know some people who really went all out for Y2K and they ARE still stocked.

Enjoy,
Steven

Actually, lemme be serious for a minute, and pin down the OP about something.

So, our country has been attacked and we know that the people that attacked us are ready, willing, and able to attack us again.

But according to the OP, we ought to be angry with the President for making us afraid?

No, thanks. I’m going to be angry at the miserable, pig-shit-eating, cowardly, honorless, freedom-hating camel-fuckers that actually made us afraid, by invading our home killing several thousand of our fellow citizens.

To them I say: I hope we kill you. I hope we burn your bodies and bury the ashes under a pile of dog-shit. I pray that there’s a closed-circuit TV set up in Hell just so I can watch your sorry hides being flayed and roasted for all eternity. You do not deserve the life you still have.

That’s the kind of anger we need. And there’s no amount of little red-pixelled angry-faces that are going to convey the depth of it.

Don’t mock the duct tape! I warned you! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Don’t make me cut-and-paste any more of those. I’m not afraid to do it.

So, what brand of duct tape do you recommend?

I was smugly happy when they told us to stock up on duct tape, as I have a several-month supply. How else am I going to fix my computer, car, sofa, etc. when they break?

I work at a major hospital in Chicago. I’m not in a panic.

And Neurotik, I don’t think anyone but you gives a fuck if the “Hi Opal” long over-used “joke” is used correctly or not.

Duct & cover!

I think the term “panic” is misused, and overused.

Someone who is truly in a panic does not sit down and compose a message to SDMB.

The OP shows a patronizing attitude. If people want to stock food, let them. So what if people buy duct tape? These items can all be used eventually for other purposes. Eat the food. Tie up your lover with the duct tape. Get over it.

I’m stocking up on apostrophes ‘’’’’’’ “”"""

ALL DUCT TAPE IS GOOD!!! HERETIC!Don’t make me go nuclear font size. I’m serious:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I love coming to the Pit for my daily dose of giggles. THis is the funniest thing I have read today.
Balduran’s “I’m stocking up on apostrophes” got a chuckle too. Thanks guys. Now back to panic mode. . . .I’m out of duct tape!

?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

No se hablas Bullshit. :confused:

Eh, I work in DC and live in a nearby suburb, and I’m not panicking I figure I’m a goner if anything bad does happen, so I’m just being mellow and enjoying life as it comes.

[Bored of the Rings]
Awake! Awake! Fear, foes, FLEE!!!
[/BotR]

I have to agree with FranticMad about the duct tape. There are really only two indispensible tools. If it’s stuck together and it shouldn’t be, there’s WD-40. And if it isn’t stuck together but it should be, there’s duct tape. So you gotta have duct tape.

** World Eater ** wrote

We would if he was actually * voted in*. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lake Greeson is near Mufreesboro, Ark. I’m guess astro mistook which Mufreesboro you live in.

Maybe they think if we have a real big panic now, we can get it out of our system buffer the war with Iraq starts. So if or when something nasty happens, we’ll all be nice and relaxed and able to form orderly queues when running to the hills in terror.
I still prefer the British method.
“Have you seen all those troops around town in their spiffing ant bacterial warfare suit, they look really handsome all in white. More tea vicar?”
Bippy