Your 10 Worst Movies of the Decade

With all the top 10 lists floating around, I’m curious to know what everyone’s bottom 10 movies of the decade are.

Please limit your list to movies you’ve actually seen (or seen most of - several of these movies I had to turn off or fast forward through), and not just ones you think look like dreck.

My list:
10. High Tension
9. Pathfinder
8. The Golden Compass
7. The Matrix Revolutions
6. Bangkok Dangerous
5. The Black Dahlia
4. Ultraviolet
3. Wild Hogs
2. Eagle Eye

1. and the worst movie of the decade is…

The Spirit

What a horrendously awful movie. Even Scarlett Johansson couldn’t make it watchable.
“Honorable” mentions to 88 Minutes, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, and Hitman.

I’ll list the the worst for each year:

Dude Where’s My Car

Scary Movie 2

Teenage Caveman

Final Destination 3

The Day After Tomorrow

Waiting

My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Whisper

Twilight

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

IMDB tells me that Uwe Boll made 16 movies this decade* so I’m not sure how anybody else has a realistic shot of making the bottom 10. Or, actually, the bottom 16.

*How does this even happen?!

I’d vote for a couple so far, and would like to add Night at the Museum.

Most of Ryan Reynolds’ work.

Eliminating stuff I couldn’t bear to watch and going through things I have rated on IMDB my bottom ratings are:

2 Fast 2 Furious
Shaft
Gigli
Dr T and the Women
Autumn in New York
Saw
Liquid Bridge
Elf
Blades of Glory
The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
(which apparently is the equal worst movie I have ever seen alongside Screw Loose. I can barely remember either. The advantage of doing ratings when you see stuff.)

Using the guidelines of movies I’ve actually seen (or at least seen most of), I’d have to think pretty hard to come up with ten that I actually hated. I filter out a lot of them, and sometimes Mrs. zoog will bring home a rental DVD that I’ll watch for 15 minutes before I go find some other entertainment.

Of movies I’ve actually sat through, the two that come to mind as being gawd-awful were Cloverfield and Transformers.

Hey, Elf and Blades of Glory were enjoyable, if not good! They aren’t on the same ‘level’ as Gigli or Wild Hogs.

I don’t know who Ryan Reynolds is or what he’s been in, but Entertainment Weekly magazine seems to have a MAD crush on him.

That Rocky and Bullwinkle thing? What ever happened to it? It sank like a stone. I would have thought that thing would run endlessly on something like the ABC Family Channel. It must be really, really, really bad - but I’ve never seen it on TV.

Thankfully, I don’t watch movies I think beforehand will be bad…that limits my exposure to the worst of the worst. However, of the ones I’ve seen…

10,000 BC

Good Luck Chuck (I was stuck in Denver…it was this or Dragon Wars.)

Daredevil

America’s Sweethearts

Rollerball

Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones

But that’s what such fun about subjective opinions. Who cares what other people think. See I give Wild Hogs bonus points for Kyle Gass’s karaoke man - a truly memorable cameo funnier than the lifetime’s work of Will Ferrell. But that’s just my opinion.

I must have thankfully blocked it out but I believe I have the thread winner. Master of Disguise. An ancient clan of stealthy guys called “Disguisey”? Really? REALLY? That’s not even as funny as the incessant fart jokes inserted into an ostensible thriller.

Elf was sort of cute in a weird way. Will Ferrell has a fight with Peter Dinklage, that has to be worth something.

The worst movie of the decade has to be Little Man. Has to be. But that would give it more recognition that it deserves.

I think M. Night Shayamalamalan’s The Happening is the single worst movie of the past decade. It is as if Bob and David from Mr. Show created a sketch that was supposed to be a parody of an M. Night film. I am still shaking my head in disbelief that this atrocity was ever filmed.

Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Signs
Diary of the Dead
Hangover

…that’s all I can think of at the moment

Heretically for the SDMB, I nominate Return of the King. I liked the big elephants, but apart from that, fuck me was I bored.

Along this same line, the first two bored me to tears. I skipped the third entirely.

There’s the rub. Really bad movies seen at home I just turn off.

The worst movie of the decade I saw all the way through was There Will Be Blood.

A nasty, pointless, ugly, inhuman bit of filth. I shudder to recall it. Even worse than the original The Out-of-Towners.

The Life of David Gale occupies all ten places on my list.

First of all(except Battlefield Earth), these movies rose to the level of me watching, so they are not the worst movies.

I’ve never seen a Uwe Boll movie, for example.

The worst I can recall are:

**Electra

Underworld

The Mist

The Matrix Revolutions** - I liked Reloaded, though. I know. It’s weird.

Attack of the Clones - I did like the ending battles, though. Phantom Menace was worse, though(1999).

Land of the Lost
Battlefield Earth**(came out in 2000). I saw this one as a joke, though.

I don’t know if Rotten Tomatoes list of the worst movies of the 200s has been linked here before or not:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/worst_of_the_worst/10/

I personally don’t know what my worst movies of the decade would be, but it’s difficult to argue that there is anything good about “Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever” – I watched this for the first time about a year ago and being completely baffled at the finale.